auxiliary transmission cooler 2006 LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi,

I bought an OBD2 bluetooth scanner and downloaded a iphone app called "Car Scanner". First off- this app seems really great and I recommend it.
Per my original post for this thread, I mentioned my engine temp, (not tranny, although I was concerned about the tranny temp initially) was warming up about 3/4 the way up the dial when I'm hauling on the highway often up hills at a higher speed.

I hooked up my car to this app and tested it- seems like the RPMs were exactly as what's on my dial so presume the other metrics are similar.

Not Hauling: on highway, on city streets, up hill or downhill, my engine temp ranged from 190-205 for miles consistently.
Hauling: on city streets/highways up to 55MPH, generally the engine temp was between 195-210
Hauling: on interstate 60mph-75mph generally 215-220 but would peak at 230ish when hauling uphill on interstate.

I've attached a graph to show the trip today hauling my approximately 4,000# trailer with the correlation of both speed and engine temp.

Is there something wrong with my engine cooling system? Is this an acceptable range for engine cooling temp when hauling something on the interstate? Any recommendations on next steps? Again i've got a 2006 LX470, weight distribution hitch and was driving in 4th gear for most of the time.

advice is appreciated.

View attachment 2455986
Did you ever get this figured out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom