auto tranny shift points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got an FJ62 and am curious as to other owners experience with the shift speeds for the auto tranny. I have seen the FSM specs, but mine seem very different.

My first shift is at about 10mph and then again @ about 20mph. Then 3rd shifts at some point but I can't tell when its in D. After 20mph I pretty much feel like I'm in overdrive unless I manual shift down to 3 or 2.

lex

Well from about 30mph and it up it feels like its in only one gear, although I believ 3rd is somewhere in there just don't seem to feel it.. The only rpm i've paid close attention to lately is 2200 & 65mph.

My 89 was doing much the same thing. It would shift up to 2nd at about 10-15 mph, then I wouldn't feel the 3rd gear shift at all????

At 70 I was taching about 2500 rpm.

It's in the shop now for a rebuild....was totally skipping 3rd all together:frown:

Hmmm.... doesn't sound so good CodeRed. I've heard these trannies are very sensitive to fluid level and my fluid is in the "hot" side of the dipstick when cold. Obviously overfilled. Did you try to do anything like the "Rodney" flush before it died?

1st to 2nd 5-10mph
2-3rd 15-20
3-4th 35-40
od 50 when "cold" ie less than 1 hr of operation 52 if warm

it does shift pretty smoothly but if you watch the tach you can see it go from 3rd to 4th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom