Australian 4WD's (Anything and everything from Toyota's to Daihatsu's and Landy's) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's time to give some appreciation to the Aussie 4wd's rig's and setups that have been thumping around the bush or the highway's in our great country since the beginning of time.
Post up stories, Pic's and info on your current or past 4wd touring setup or even just your 4wd everyday drive.
Doesn't matter if it's a show truck or been smashed around the back roads all it's life, show us what you've got and give us some cool stories.
To get started is my 1979 Daihatsu F50 (bit rough but one day she will get the love she deserves)
IMG_1355.JPG

1980 patrol (bought new in my youth and still my oz bush 4wd when I visit). Old school diesel with mechanical everything, too dumb to breakdown :)

It has spent well over 50% of its moving life out bush on dirt roads and tracks. Been a reliable old bus and has had some upgrades done over the years (my sig below has a few details and also a link to my website with plenty more details). Longest trip was just shy of 8 weeks and a tad over 10,000 km. It's boggling for me to think back to my original test drive when it was brand spanking new and I had just graduated uni some months prior. My 1st year's salary went into buying it. Would never have imagined where the path my life has taken from those early days to now approaching the other end of existence and living in a different continent.

ozpat1.jpg

Older son after graduating uni and visiting oz for a 3 1/2 week trip through areas of WA (about 4000km). He seems happy...

ozpat2.jpg

Think he got a good appreciation for the vast distances between anything and the concept of nobody out there to save your bacon if something goes wrong. Now just need to repeat with my younger son that graduated uni last year. Just need travel & covid to reach some more 'normal' level.

cheers,
george.

Awesome story with the old Patrol George. Great to see she stuck around for so many years and given you many loyal years of service.👍👍
It is true covid has stopped a lot of peoples touring plans, hopefully were on the way out of it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom