Australia Shipping Company? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am looking for a reliable and trustworthy shipping company from Melbourne to Southern California area. Land Crusier Direct is now basically gone, any other reliable recommendations?

Roll on roll off the cheaper option.

Thank you!

Who handled the shipping?
Any issues?
Did they handle customs?

PM me if you'd like to keep it private
Kenter Logistics is the shipping company.

American Lamprecht handled the customs.

For me, everything went great, very good communication between them to me, keep sending updates as they know. Easy to deal with. I did not have any problems.

They only ship for businesses apparently.
Weren't interested in shipping for an individual
Hmm, That's weird. Do you have a broker? My broker talked to them directly, I did not import under business, just for myself.
Who did you talk to from kenter?

Hmm, That's weird. Do you have a broker? My broker talked to them directly, I did not import under business, just for myself.
Who did you talk to from kenter?

Who did you use as a broker?

I emailed a quote request through their contact page.
Had several shipping companies give similar response.

Did you ship RORO, or in a container?
Did American Lamprecht handle everything?

I've reached out to them, they responded fast, now waiting on a follow up response to my reply
I did RORO, after I filled out all the necessary forms, they pretty much got everything handled. I had to coordinate the vehicle drop off, but that should be my responsibility anyway.

So curious, what is the rough cost of RORO from Aus to US? I'm actually thinking of reverse direction trip

So curious, what is the rough cost of RORO from Aus to US? I'm actually thinking of reverse direction trip
Around 3500 USD for me. Expensive. Melbourne to long beach. Also depends on the weight and size of the vehicle as well. Friend shipped a 2500 cummins QCLB to Brisbane in a container. around 6-7k USD is what I have been told.

I used EDI.

Cost a bomb! But they were about the only broker/ shipper I spoke to who was fine with transporting personal effects in the vehicle, loaded in a container.

RORO vs LOLO was a wash for me getting a vehicle to East Coast USA. Very few transit routes doing RORO from Aus to East Coast USA. Very few ports in Australia available for RORO.
Some companies quoted on bith RORO & LOLO and the price difference was like $10k vs 10.5k ( not including customs, destination port charges, destination port transport etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom