For Sale Austin, TX: Gamiviti derived roof rack/platform (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is off my 2006 LX which is now sold.

This is a diy roof rack/platform.

Let me explain.

I used the Gamiviti pedestal roof channel mounts and fabbed up a platform from aluminum dunnage racks. I used three 24x48 racks made of 1.5" square aluminum tube, cut off the legs and bolted them together to make a modular 72x48 platform. The racks were rated to hold 1,200 pounds (spread out over the entire area) and i can attest that the rack is durable. I used for pack in pack out camp sites (water totes, wood, garbage, ect.). Attached is pic of me standing on the rack (i'm approximately 200 lbs).

Other details: i installed a 2x2 channel at the front as a wind deflector and filled the perimeter tubes with foam to eliminate vibrations. Also rack is bolted to pedestals with rubber isolators. Almost no wind noise (my opinion).

Does not block sunroof.

My guess for weight is ~ 20 to 25 lbs.

All hardware is available. Bolt into the factory roof channels and go.

Price: $400

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

Any details on the swingout?

I, too, would be interested in just the mounting hardware. Really, I'd like the whole thing but the shipping on the Alum. bits would probably drive the total cost beyond practicality.

i bet i can ship for ~ $50 to georgia
the whole setup is modular and bolted togther and is also pretty light. if $50-$65 is tolerable for shipping i can pack it up and get an official quote. no obligation to buy of course. i should prob just do that anyway.
Thanks,
Alex

i bet i can ship for ~ $50 to georgia
the whole setup is modular and bolted togther and is also pretty light. if $50-$65 is tolerable for shipping i can pack it up and get an official quote. no obligation to buy of course. i should prob just do that anyway.
Thanks,
Alex

Did you get a quote on shipping? I'm in Southwest louisiana.

Would have been nice if I'd have checked mud while I was in Big Bend first week of April. Could have driven through and picked up.

Hello mudders. its been eight months since i've been on the forum. but now back in the states and in a 60 series so.
Bumping this ad. Roof rack is still available in Austin, TX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom