Events/Trails August 2020 Club Run to Hunter Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know I am going. Really heavily thinking it's going to be Lexi though. Those weekend temps with no AC seem pretty unfun. I think Tai is coming, maybe another one or two... leaving Auburn together.

Not sure yet.

Yup plan to be there!

Cool! John (@Mc Orange Crush) and Mark (@Krusty Krab) are both planning on going. Ryan (@hairy_apple) and our friend Tai are bringing their 60s. They are both from Toyotally Awesome Cruisers down in Auburn. My friend "other Ryan" is planning on joining us with his Toyota mini truck crawler. Should be a good size group (for a change).

sorry about that my wife insisted we do something together with the family since school is starting next week.

No worries! Family time is far more important.

We had 13 rigs on this run! What a great turn out. I sure hope we can get more participation like this for future events. Hopefully my rig won’t crap the bed next time!
BF495501-FFC1-4FE2-AE63-B30A5E476143.jpeg

So it wasn't the coil then?

Not sure yet, heading to the parts store in a min. But it dawned on me last night that it is most likely the ignition control module. I had to use a Duralast brand last year because no one had the Ford part in stock. I'd lay odds that it will fail before a 3-year old MSD coil. We shall see.

Nice... keep us posted! I was just wrapping up airing up when the rest of the group started to show up at the bottom. Think it may be time for me to upgrade the air compressor to something more suited to the 33s. My little Viair 88p has done well but once she started to get hot I went from 2.5mins per tire to about 8.

@hairy_apple took pics of my misery and posted them on FB for all to see... So now I have been vehicle shamed by the entire Toyota community. I'm looking at 3rd gen 4Runners online right now. ;)

As far as compressors go, I recommend the SmittyBilt one I have. @Krusty Krab used it when were in High Rock and now he owns one and I think @Mc Orange Crush has one now too. You can't beat the performance for the money. 4WP in Sparks has them in stock (usually), but here it is on Amazon. I gave mine a forever home in a Craftsman Toolbox. I picked it up at the Ace Hardware Store in Reno because I like supporting their small business. I bolted it down to the bottom of the box and transferred the little rubber feet from the bottom of the compressor to the outside of the box. Works great with room to store my tire inflation kit and other accessories.

1597591468902.png

@hairy_apple took pics of my misery and posted them on FB for all to see... So now I have been vehicle shamed by the entire Toyota community. I'm looking at 3rd gen 4Runners online right now. ;)

As far as compressors go, I recommend the SmittyBilt one I have. @Krusty Krab used it when were in High Rock and now he owns one and I think @Mc Orange Crush has one now too. You can't beat the performance for the money. 4WP in Sparks has them in stock (usually), but here it is on Amazon. I gave mine a forever home in a Craftsman Toolbox. I picked it up at the Ace Hardware Store in Reno because I like supporting their small business. I bolted it down to the bottom of the box and transferred the little rubber feet from the bottom of the compressor to the outside of the box. Works great with room to store my tire inflation kit and other accessories.

View attachment 2406255
Yeah the little 88p was good for the 31s on the 60 but going up to the 33s on the 100 it takes a bit of time. Have been eyeing a larger Viair but got other monetary priorities at the moment so that will have to wait. And for the handful of times I air down a year, the 88p will be fine for now until I have an urge to splurge on something. :)

That was a super fun trip. Thanks for having us. Even with some issues, my 62 overheating randomly and Tony's coil, it was a good day. That weather was soooo nice to get out of the misery for a few hours, and the rain even felt nice after weeks of brutal heat.

Such a beautiful area, I'd like to do some more exploring up there for sure. Might have to bring a CT90 up sometime and do some scouting.

I'll post some photos tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom