Au Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw this on IG yesterday. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice 55, but dang, that is wimpy. Boulevard queen.

A3D38631-7AC0-4BCE-A365-FC5EB0767ABD.jpeg

The 28’s were stock size. Given our past year, not sure we’ll get off of the pavement much. Haven’t even put 300 miles on the set of tires on Coyote. Wimpy or not I’m sticking with them for now. This build is more of a sanity saver right now. Domestic engineer ,maintence man and full time nurse need an outlet on occasion. The shop gives me this. Sitting ,turning wrenches surrounded by old metal and dreams is what helps keep me going.

Totally agree, this forum has kept me going. Wrenching vicariously feeds my insanity. Take all the shots necessary. I’ll try to be less sensitive or someone might 🤛 me in the dick.

Last edited:
Ya, I was going to say something about the new Camry having 28in tires, but I won't now.

Been awhile. Rehabbing an Airstream eating up time, as well as still rehabbing wife’s stroke. Fell down the Benz hole a bit researching their diesel tractor motor. Did manage to get body on rotisserie with my outside wheels( 10” pneumatic tires to roll on gravel). Also got frame on lift to paint. Might be 70 before it’s on the road again, but it’s just a number. Side note, my wife had her cataracts removed and has new lenses ( like our 20 year old eyes). Told her not to look at my wrinkles too close, or my housekeeping since the stroke

AE7ACB8B-6529-4CC5-BF1A-0C978B2DB9B0.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Rush55. Been following your thread, nice progress. Switched horses, but still about same spot. Coyote is resting peacefully, waiting to donate organs, or whatever needed.

Good to hear your wife is moving forward, getting those cataracts out is a big improvement. What's up next for the wagon, rust repair?

Nothing too photo worthy. It’s a 1965 22 foot Safari. A few blemishes , lumps and bumps from life but still useable. Got rid of small full size bed across from galley. Now have a queen size at front of trailer. Added rooftop heat and a/c. Mainly trying to keep wife engaged in life. Stroke residual changing a lot of day to day memories and desire to move forward. New normal.
Pics of the Airstream???

Luckily there isn’t a lot of rust . Still gutting wiring, dash etc. Wanting to focus on running gear part first. Got all the pieces and parts to start reassembly, just need to find the time to do it. Body will be last step since I think it may be the hardest part for me.
What's up next for the wagon, rust repair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom