Au Pig (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My dream for this pig was to be a diesel with a 5 speed and ambulance doors. I scored this rear clip from Delancy (rip) back in 19. We had started discussing the deal back in Nov of 16. Figure I owe it to his memory to see this through. After all I did get in on the group buy on seals.

IMG_0579.jpeg

Hoping by letting the cat out of the bag, it’ll get my arse in gear as Bob would say.

Last edited:
My dream for this pig was to be a diesel with a 5 speed and ambulance doors. I scored this rear clip from Delancy (rip) back in 19. We had started discussing the deal back in Nov of 16. Figure I owe it to his memory to see this through. After all I did get in on the group buy on seals.

View attachment 3413608
Hoping by letting the cat out of the bag, it’ll get my arse in gear as Bob would say.
The money shot!
🤩

I really appreciate all the support from the sty. Just what I need. My plan is to get it into the shop by late October and start back on it. Still working on finishing the Sprinter tiny home on wheels.

View attachment 3413608

That brings back some memories. I imported that piece out of Australia and I had it in Colorado for a while for my own pig. I wanted to get rid of the tailgate so badly but ultimately made the decision that it was just going to be a LOT of work. I sold it to Delancy (rip) and hand-delivered it to him in Tulsa when I was back home visiting family.

I'm glad to see it around and I wish you the best of luck on installing it!

Awesome to hear more history on the rear clip. Where in Colorado? We lived outside of Salida in Nathrop.

Awesome to hear more history on the rear clip. Where in Colorado? We lived outside of Salida in Nathrop.
Hah, I was just in Salida last weekend buying an 80 from my step-brother-in-law. I'm in Carbondale.

Hah, I was just in Salida last weekend buying an 80 from my step-brother-in-law. I'm in Carbondale.
Adding to the herd, John? Get to work on that Pig!

Inspiring build thread and nothing to do with the PIG! Kudos obviously being a devoted husband!

Knew Delancy well, that’s a seriously cool potential modification. Looking forward to when it’s done!

This is kind of like putting the horse before the cart, more like putting the winch before the pig. A couple years ago I picked up an 8274 for the rig. Fellow mudder expressed interest in the winch too, to I found a second to rebuild for him. He’s been patiently waiting for it so we finally decided on a meet up date in April. Part of the package was a winch mount as well.
I’ve been working on this for a mount. Started with 2x3 square tubing and played with the plasma cutter. Also used a 4” square tube split to form cross member. Think I’m about ready to weld it together.

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4615.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom