AT Tire Size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Which size would you recommend, 265/65/18 or 285/60/18? I was thinking that the 265 would be better in snow and rain, but wanted to get your opinion. I'm looking to keep the tire size as close to stock as possible for various reasons but would like more AT tire options that the other sizes provide. This is for a stock 2005 LX that will be a daily driver and mostly on paved roads. Snow and rain traction are important.

Last edited:
I'm running AT's with stock width, 275, aspect ratio/sidewall of 65 (up from 60) on R18's. Here is a good reference guide on changes Tire Size Calculator

I'm running AT's with stock width, 275, aspect ratio/sidewall of 65 (up from 60) on R18's. Here is a good reference guide on changes Tire Size Calculator

275/65/18 would be ideal but I'm afraid going to 32" would prevent me from using my integrated bumper trailer hitch. Even with the stock tire size on the spare, there is only about a half inch of clearance when fitting a ball mount or hitch bike rack. That is one of the reasons for staying as close to stock size as possible.

If you're trying to stay close to stock, 275/65/18 is a great size (32" vs 31").

275/65/18 would be ideal but I'm afraid going to 32" would prevent me from using my integrated bumper trailer hitch. Even with the stock tire size on the spare, there is only about a half inch of clearance when fitting a ball mount or hitch bike rack. That is one of the reasons for staying as close to stock size as possible.

I don't have a problem with the stock (integrated) hitch and tire. Its tight, but fits fine. The only issue I had was trying to put a locked pin in place with a key. Hard even with the stock sized tire.

Hope this helps

you could trim your ball hitch and bike rack .25"-.5" off the end if it gets too tight. If it is out of the receiver on the tire end then you should be okay trimming it.

The ability of tire to handle snow and rain are a function of design, construction, and materials, not so much size. Go to the Tire Rack and find a tire that does well in the aspects you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom