Assist mirror part number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
I just picked up one of those today and thought I should share the part number with those of you who might be interested:

08409-60050-B4

It's the mirror that some 100's in Japan(along with other SUV's) have in the corner of their hood. I'll try to put a pic of it below.

I have considered getting one off of an 80, but liked the 100's design better(allows you to view both front and side of vehicle).

I was hoping that I would be able to put in on an 80 in the US, even though it would require some creative thinking to pull it off(RHD/LHD issues), not to mention that I probably just won't need it :D I guess I just want to be different. ;) Different is good, according to Arby's, right? :D

Just F.Y.I.

:cheers:

mot

Makes me wonder if there's some internal gusset and bracket welded on the inner surface of the fender to support that massive thing? I can't imagine simple sheetmetal screws into the fender being enough. What do you think, MOT?

Doug

Doug,

Nobody ever mentions the need to put additional support to the sheetmetal in the 80's forums here when they are putting them on. So I doubt anything special is necessary. It doesn't mention anything in the installation manual that came with the mirror, either. But who knows?

Here is a pic of it in action:

Isn't it late over there in your neck of the woods?

Mot,

I think they are good but unfortunately very big and ugly. I like mine more.

Mike

Mot,

BTW, maybe you can help me. I am looking for some infos on my adjustable shocks (OEM Toyota option). Do you know any website or place where I can get these infos. Pics and how it works. Thanks. :cheers:

Mike

Mike,

Everybody's entitled to have his opinion. I just wanted to be able to see the front of the vehicle, not just the side. Plus, the size doesn't bother me. You know what they say in America; Bigger the better :D

As for the shocks, I can't think of any sites off the top of my head. Let me look around and get back to you if I find one.

mot

Mot,

I didn't want to offend you. By now you know how I am. Always direct but still a good heart. :D

Thanks for your assistance. :cheers:

Mike

Mike,

:D was supposed to have let you know that I was not serious ;)

Later,

Off to work!

mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom