Asheville - Looking for some family fun FS or other wheelin' recommendations. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChuckB

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all!

Finally getting settled here in Asheville and looking for a break from unpacking moving boxes...

My buddy is coming up from FL in his GX this weekend for the 4th of July and we are looking for some suggestions on light offroading with the family.

I did a quick search and couldn't find any recent details on the area, other than brewery recommendations which we will be checking out as well!!!

I heard there is a road near Mills River that could be a possibility, but don't know any details.

For reference, we are near the Arboretum and Bent Creek.

TIA!

Where are you moving from, Florida as well, or elsewhere in NC?

What do you consider light offroading? I shudder to think of how packed everything is going to be 4th of July weekend. It's already crawling with tourists; I could barely get to work today through downtown.

Anyway; welcome...

There's a Rigs & Coffee meet you can always find them @, third Saturday of the month, Mills River Brewing parking lot.

TBH anything worth driving is 45 minutes outside of Asheville.

Where are you moving from, Florida as well, or elsewhere in NC?

What do you consider light offroading? I shudder to think of how packed everything is going to be 4th of July weekend. It's already crawling with tourists; I could barely get to work today through downtown.

Anyway; welcome...
We actually came back from Spain.

Just looking for some FS roads, nothing super technical.

I agree on the crowds!

We actually came back from Spain.

Just looking for some FS roads, nothing super technical.

I agree on the crowds!
Pisgah / Davidson River area would be nice.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

I’ll also report back on what we end up doing.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

I’ll also report back on what we end up doing.
Yep, have fun! I personally would point it towards Mt Mitchell, come back through Burnsville. Nice driving. Quieter.

Then again the parkway needs another Floridian like it needs a landslide (jk no hate on your friend)

I wonder if Douglas Falls is still closed. That's about 45 minutes of gravel drive up to the trailhead, short and easy hike to the falls. Barnardsville area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom