Arkana hj47 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've recently purchased a hj47 dual cab ute a couple hours from perth, and as this forum is the only place I've been able to find information about these utes i was hoping someone on here would be able to shed some light on the history of it, I know most of these vehicles were built for the mines and main road services, however we haven't found any evidence of mine having any barwork or mounting holes that the mine vehicles had, all evidence points to it being a search and rescue style vehicle for the police or service in remote communities, Il post a couple of pictures on here, but anything that anyone knows about these arkana dualcabs or how to contact anyone related to the Hawke brothers built fibreglass roofs or the arkana body building company

IMG_20201017_190013_788.jpg

Hi hj 47

I also recently picked up an Arkana HJ47. I cannot tell you anything more about Arkana than you will find on Wikipedia. I am in the process of stripping it down lots of jobs. a bi of rust but manageable.

Mine was a Telstra vehicle then was in Queensland then a forestry vehicle near Stawell Victoria. It is now in Deniliquin NSW. I am looking at making a new roof in steel as there are a few issues with the fibreglass but will see as I go along.

Best of luck with your project.

Cheers Denimac

image000000.jpg

image000007 2.jpg

looking for something like this if anyone knows of one or wants to sell one!

Nice truck, I'm in a similar boat with my Meano converted truck (south Africa).

I've found that a good inspection of the inside can give a few clues to its past lives, maybe this can help you too.

There are many good details photos on this site to compare against.

I had the remains of a police Radio on the bulkhead under the dash and a few other things that definitely weren't toyota from both police and safari usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom