Are shocks necessary? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Haha I forgot the s in my last title. Deleted!

Ok, I have an old utility trailer that I want to convert to an adventure trailer. My dad made this trailer and is no longer around so it has sentimental value and I think it would be a nice project and always be a special thing to take camping. My dad and I used it to haul corn for our hog farm in it and it held up fine. Right now it does not have shocks and we did ok pulling it behind a pickup down washboardy country roads. It did ride rough, I used to ride back there sometimes and it is really rough! Are shocks necessary for an adventure trailer?

I probably won't do crazy rock crawling with it, but it will be going to places that are uncomfortable for the ordinary pop ups. I am thinking places like white rim in Moab, some cool camp spots in crested butte that take some decent creek crossings and steep fire roads. The things I would keep in there I would not worry too much about being shaken up, I was thinking a roof top tent, simple kitchen setup, water tank, miscellaneous camping gear, etc.

Thanks, hopefully that's not a really stupid question.

fwiw, my utility/ wants to be off-road camping trailer has springs only, no shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom