Are shocks necessary? (1 Viewer)

Haha I forgot the s in my last title. Deleted!

Ok, I have an old utility trailer that I want to convert to an adventure trailer. My dad made this trailer and is no longer around so it has sentimental value and I think it would be a nice project and always be a special thing to take camping. My dad and I used it to haul corn for our hog farm in it and it held up fine. Right now it does not have shocks and we did ok pulling it behind a pickup down washboardy country roads. It did ride rough, I used to ride back there sometimes and it is really rough! Are shocks necessary for an adventure trailer?

I probably won't do crazy rock crawling with it, but it will be going to places that are uncomfortable for the ordinary pop ups. I am thinking places like white rim in Moab, some cool camp spots in crested butte that take some decent creek crossings and steep fire roads. The things I would keep in there I would not worry too much about being shaken up, I was thinking a roof top tent, simple kitchen setup, water tank, miscellaneous camping gear, etc.

Thanks, hopefully that's not a really stupid question.

I have run my trailer with and without shocks. For me, it makes a big enough difference. They are easy enough to add on. Just seamed to really help control wheel hop on the washboards or big ruts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom