Are my springs original? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I degreased and power washed my front axle today to get ready for a rebuild next weekend. I found lots of color where I once thought everything was black!

The most interesting colors appeared on my springs. They have an obvious color code on them. Top to bottom there is white, orange, lt-blue. Is this typical of OEM or did the PO install after market springs?

Mr. T marks the springs with a color code. Most likely they are original if it's just those spots. I don't believe the aftermarket uses such a system, using labels instead, but that's just based on my OME coils.

BTW, you'll find an amazing difference in handling and ride performance by replacing those very tired coils with stock height coils. You could go OEM, but if they're available they'll likely be more than the OME ones. It's the best, easiest, nearly cheapest thing you can do to improve your truck in a dramatic way you'll notice just by driving down the road.

I know, that's on my list. I saw a set of progressive springs that gave only a 1" lift a long time ago but have not seen them since. I'm not a rock crawler, so I don't think I'll ever go larger than 32-33".

My rear springs have almost nothing left. They seam to "bottom out" on the smallest dips.

So these current springs are original.

Sounds like you're after a set of ome stock height springs or 2"-1" combo of medium front and light rears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom