Are all 3rd Gen Taco owners.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m kinda torn here: what does my current Yoda line up say about me?

Something old = boomer?
74276275-9E5C-4D9B-8A1F-5F5C531530C4.jpeg

A Wagon = Soccer Mom?
A45D2A5F-D1A3-4EF4-BF6C-C1F558737F36.jpeg

A 2020 TACO = Doucher?
AA33201D-B24E-4F10-B524-D4EC9D61BE3B.jpeg

I am apparently a past middle age soccer mom douche bag(?)! I did not know this about myself......

***Side Bar- the older Japanese TACO’s were legit; I would still have my 96 TACO if I hadn’t rolled it to destruction back in 2008.***

3.5 motor AKA ... Mom‘s Highlander motor . I see a lot of younger people with Tacoma‘s and they always look at the Land cruiser and like to think the younger generation are going to be future land cruiser owners .

They're not all Douches. I started out with Jeeps in 92. Moved to land cruiser in 2016 and just bought a 2016 Tacoma last month. (My 2004 Nissan Titan is about to be retired) I still have the 87 wrangler, 89 landcruiser, and now the Tacoma. I'm always social on trails. You never know when you may have a time you need another's assistance. Oh and we're also part of a VW club. :) My wife has a 68 camper bus. Hope to see you all on the trails.

I’m kinda torn here: what does my current Yoda line up say about me?

Something old = boomer?View attachment 2152563
A Wagon = Soccer Mom?View attachment 2152566
A 2020 TACO = Doucher?
View attachment 2152567

I am apparently a past middle age soccer mom douche bag(?)! I did not know this about myself......

***Side Bar- the older Japanese TACO’s were legit; I would still have my 96 TACO if I hadn’t rolled it to destruction back in 2008.***
Love that army green!

How are the frames as far as corrosion holding up on the 2016+ I had a 2017 but not long enough 6 month and it got totaled , not long enough to notice any corrosion problems like the 2nd Gens ?

I'm not waiting to find out. Within the first month of ownership (granted I got mine used with 20k miles) I blasted the under carriage with Woolwax. I plan to touch it up every year before winter sets in.

Luckily we had a mild winter , I’m in Pa just outside Philly not to far from VA you get the same salt and brime treatment . Just sucks you pay all the money of these nice vehicles and they turn to rust .
I just picked up a beater 2015 Tacoma low milage 4cyl and the rust has started , it looked worst than it really was and scared people away so I was able to buy it a at a discounted price .
I’m going the Por-15 painted route and could apply the Cosmoline over the Por-15 if need be .

How are the frames as far as corrosion holding up on the 2016+ I had a 2017 but not long enough 6 month and it got totaled , not long enough to notice any corrosion problems like the 2nd Gens ?
Generally seem better. Some surface rust on welds. I've been coating mine with fluid film for the winters now. Helps a ton.

I think Toyota has an active TSB campaign for trucks up through 2017 model years to get the frames treated at the dealer (to add 12 years to the rust warranty). So certainly Toyota is still concerned. The question is did they change something for 2018+ frames or are they staggering the TSB roll out. I'm not waiting to find out though.

I'm not waiting to find out though.

What do you mean by this? Selling it or undercoating it?

I got a ‘20 TRD OR Premium for my wife to daily drive. It’s getting solidly over 20 mpg with 33.2” tall tires on it. The 100 was an amazing vehicle for us, but I have high hopes for the new Taco. The first thing I noticed after buying the Taco, was just the sheer number of them on the road. There are bound to be a few d-bags in a sample this large. I already had a Dodge 3500 lifted on 35” MTs so the SS Douche has long sailed for me.

What do you mean by this? Selling it or undercoating it?

I got a ‘20 TRD OR Premium for my wife to daily drive. It’s getting solidly over 20 mpg with 33.2” tall tires on it. The 100 was an amazing vehicle for us, but I have high hopes for the new Taco. The first thing I noticed after buying the Taco, was just the sheer number of them on the road. There are bound to be a few d-bags in a sample this large. I already had a Dodge 3500 lifted on 35” MTs so the SS Douche has long sailed for me.
Glad you two are enjoying the new ride. 33” tires? The stock tires on mine only measure in at 30”.
image.jpg

Is this one of those that’s what she said moments? :rofl: j/k

I’m running 255/85s on mine. 33.2” tall, but same width as stock. It will look fantastic when I get my lift in. Tires really fill the wells right now, but ZERO rubbing anywhere with stock suspension in the TRD OR DC. Man, that’s too many acronyms...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom