Are all 3rd Gen Taco owners.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took a short wheeling trip with my wife and daughter to north Georgia. Up and around Tray mtn and Tullulah river area. I drove my 18 Tacoma 4x4.

Out of all the people we saw on the trails, the Jeep folks were the nicest. They all waved, yielded, said hi and/or smiled and waved. To my suprise, a group of 3rd gen Tacoma’s were the most rude/unsocial.

So are all 3rd gen Tacoma people Jerks?
Obviously I’m being a little facetious. But I honestly have never met a more “unpleasant” group of people.

I've noticed a HUGE difference between the 'Cruiser crowd and the Taco crowd.

TL:DR; I really wish low mileage Land Cruisers were more affordable to my budget.

Ridiculous IMO.
I was thinking about this recently. My first yotas were only 10-15 yo when purchased, in running condition. Both under 1500$.
What are the odds of finding an 05-09 taco for 1500$?

Yeah I've gone from a 1st gen tacoma, to a 06' Tundra, until my brother wouldn't stop bugging me to buy the Tundra. He's got the kids, so upgraded to an 18' tacoma. I'm an organic farmer and friendly as heck out on the trails, I'll even share some dried fruit if you want to come by and hang on the tail gate!

I hope I am not a douche, I moved from lx570 to 19 taco trd or dc.

I recently moved from a FZJ80 to a 2019 Tacoma.

The Tacoma is ok, but I agree with the OP the majority of 3rd gen people are immature and have no class. The other forum for Tacoma’s is filled with them. I am starting to think the other forum is owned by a few vendors, filled with company moles that hype up their products and bash anyone who points out their less than ideal products.

I hope the Tacoma section grows here. We have a great support group here!

I've gone to TacoLand looking for solid advice and all I find are uninformed opinions, no facts. I'm an old fart and I also find it difficult to put up with the immature banter. I hope the Mud Taco site continues to grow and improve.

I've gone to TacoLand looking for solid advice and all I find are uninformed opinions, no facts. I'm an old fart and I also find it difficult to put up with the immature banter. I hope the Mud Taco site continues to grow and improve.

I couldn’t agree more

The 3rd gen Taco folks are just miffed their top engine is the 3.5 Atkinson cycle(not much low end grunt compared to the 4.0 L from the second gen and current 4runner. I love my second gen reg cab 2.7 for daily driver.
IMG_0445.JPG

I met this Tacoma owner. He's really nice.

My guess is that Tacoma is introducing a lot people to off-roading. So it might be that the Tacoma drivers are still getting the hang of being out on the trail. There's a learning curve. Overall these good looking trucks are getting people outdoors and that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Just traded my fjc for a 2020 tacoma. I hope I don't become a douche. Lol. Its funny the guys on the 40 series tech were always friendly. I bought an 80 and those guys can be brutal on their page. But its just their form of hazing. Fjc guys are always cool. Hoping Tacoma crowd is the same. I second the need for more Tacoma content on mud.

They wont take it back! Sale guy said I was a douche before I got the truck!
My second fill up gave me 25.5 MPG, so I'm keeping it!!!

My 14mpg Fj62 is for sale for $8k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom