are 3rd row bench speakers same as front doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all --

One of my front door speakers was blown on my '94 (foam decay), so I bought OEM speakers last Febr., not knowing about the Eclipse exact fits (that Cary posted last week) --

-- so now I'm going to put the Eclipses in the front and mid-doors --

-- my question is whether the 3rd row bench speakers are the same diameter, etc. as the fronts (basically, would the front door speakers fit back there?) --

-- any help would be appreciated before I try to swap apples and oranges --

THANKS!

eric :D

Where did you find the Eclipses?

i googled them and found them at etronics.com -- their stock is VERY low though (I got the old models) --

eric

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=4403;start=msg32897#msg32897 date=1061214495]
Hi all --
-- my question is whether the 3rd row bench speakers are the same diameter, etc. as the fronts (basically, would the front door speakers fit back there?) --

-- any help would be appreciated before I try to swap apples and oranges --

THANKS!

eric :D
[/quote]

Not even close. Front dash speakers are 3.5" inch (REMEMBER TO DISCONNECT THESE IF YOU UPGRADE THE FRONT DOOR SPEAKERS), Front doors, 5.25", rear doors 4" and rear of truck 3.5".

oohhh -- thanks, Cary --

-- why (and how) do I need to disconnect the tweeters??

eric

I've noticed that there are 2 sets of speakers for the rear, one set up high and the other down low near the floor. The low ones don't seem to work. What gives - do the rear low ones work for other people?

The very rear has two 3.5's up high and ONE down low on the right as you look in the rear. That's the subwoofer.

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=4403;start=msg32924#msg32924 date=1061220537]
oohhh -- thanks, Cary --

-- why (and how) do I need to disconnect the tweeters??

eric
[/quote]

Tweeters are harsh sounding, the Eclipses are designed to run full range unaided. Also, they can bottom because they are run full range (don't ask me why). They are easily unplugged and reconnected so you can try both ways.

Cary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom