ARB wiring on a 06-07 LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve read most of the threads pertaining to his topic, but I’d like to confirm.

Everything I’ve read usually discusses 05 or earlier LXs and mine is a 2006.

In the Grill section I have a outside Marker lamp, then a low beam assembly, then a high beam assembly.

41BAF2A5-9E0E-4E67-A5A4-0B004F754E22.jpeg

In the lower “OEM bumper” I have a turn signal lamp, fog light, then the night vision.
Break down of the OEM Bumper and harness.

51282825-3E0D-44E5-B97D-8B48D194E0EF.jpeg

E4EB923E-8A8E-4707-8DCE-1EAF2662C0C7.jpeg

Most of the threads state to either change the Grill Marker Assembly to a LC version and three Wire it or change the buld housing and connector to the 3 wire type. Now the 3 wires (if I’m understanding it correctly) is turn/ marker/ ground. You pull a hot off the marker and turn and use eithers ground.

Is this the same procedure for 06-07 also?

Could I just Retro a 2 Wire Turn and Fog and use the OEM Factory Connectors and Hartness? Or am I just wishing.

Last edited:
So how about this-

Drop the Red Fog Light Wire off the ARB Supplied Pig Tail and keep the Green Turn Signal. Then find a 2 wire connector that mates to the OEM Harness for the bare wire side of ARB pig tail.

So then I wound have a nice and clean turn signal.
922CD04B-C76E-4EC9-A46F-544C33B5C636.jpeg
FFEBB7DF-212F-4CBA-8EA2-F1A1501A6A79.jpeg

I Doubt it’s the same for an lx, but my Lc is spliced from the factory turn signal(dual filament market and turn bulb), and then I ordered connector pigtail to fit the factory fog light connector. But it looks like you have everything you need already in the factory bumper harness(different from lc). You don’t have a copy of the factory wiring harness for the lx do you? If so you might be able to order the companion connector and do a no-cut install

Finding that companion connector would be awesome. I don’t have a Wiring Diagram, but will start the Ol Google Search. If anybody out there knows a part number I would appreciate the help.

So it looks like a CE2030M might be the ticket, BUT I can only find it for almost $80 each.

That’s a little much when I can just cut the factory plug off and splice in the ARB pigtail.

Any ideas on a lower cost option? Or a different manufacturer/ distributor?

26B95EEA-B521-4A24-BC01-D87E5C771EEF.png

I say you keep the arb fogs since you have fog signal already in that bumper harness. the connector you're looking for will be between the harness in the bumper and the harness connector by the radiator. take a good picture front facing and I can help find the companion.

Unless they changed the design in recent years, the ARB turn signals aren’t that bright nor that visible. Plus, the lenses seem to cloud up in a few years. I would seek an alternative (perhaps LED’s) or double up on signal lights.

My plan was/is to look at the Paranoid Fabricatoion brackets with the Baja Squadron Sports once I finalize the wiring.

Anybody used the Paranoid Fab Brackets or have reviews in the Baja’s?

So a diagram of the plan-
Hoping to build custom pigtails to retain all factory connection and harness. If I can’t find reasonably priced Male Conectors I can cut off the factory connectors and Straight Wire from the harness to the lights as a last resort.
Blue will tie back into the factory connection.
Red X is Night Vision- not used unless y’all have a idea.
Yellow is OEM Fog to future Baja Squadron.
Green is OEM Turn Signal to ARB Indicator/ Turn ( but drop the clear light and just use the Amber turn).
I am NOT Eletrical Literate so if this won’t work or isn’t practical please let me know.

5E2A22BC-3F12-481C-A183-B75888A5D5F8.jpeg

My fault, got marker and fogs mixed up in my mind.
So I am assuming you do not have a marker signal down in the bumper harness?
The least invasive thing to to do would be to buy the companion connector for the blue one and build a short harness and solder it into both arb looms, and the arb fog light connector, doing away with the marker lights(either wire them into the turn signals or leave them disconnected).
I would replace the bulbs with leds
If you take a picture of the blue connector I can help find it’s part number.

Or you could get the marker signal from off factory turn signal/marker bulb in the fender.
This is what I did, as I needed the turn signals because the lc doesn’t get turn signal down in the bumper. Just used some 4 pin trailer pigtails I have lying around

612F8134-DAA2-471E-B67D-B03CB3A5A3C0.jpeg

C7F09A91-D2A5-4D79-9E6B-05C413BA16C1.jpeg

So it looks like a CE2030M might be the ticket, BUT I can only find it for almost $80 each.

That’s a little much when I can just cut the factory plug off and splice in the ARB pigtail.

Any ideas on a lower cost option? Or a different manufacturer/ distributor?

View attachment 1946127

I have Toyota connectors on my site for much cheaper. They're the ones I use for the rock lights. They're similar to those, but slightly different. If you didn't mind making modifications to the factory harness, you could put my connectors on there and still keep the factory feel.

Id bet the pins are the same too. So you could probably dissect the harness side, slide the pins out, then install my female side. Then you could technically revert back to stock if you ever needed to.

Also,

Here is how I did my '06 LX

I didn't have night vision, but I converted my oem corner marker into a marker/turn. Only using the ARB light is not sufficient for a turn signal in my book. It's small and can't be seen from the side.

After converting my oem corner, I tapped the wires and ran them to the ARB lights. That way both my OEM corner and ARB act as turn and marker lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom