ARB Sahara bar OR TJM Winch bar bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I would love to hear from people who one one of these bars. Pros/cons and PICS :D

So whatcha got??

Thanks,
Carl

I've got the TJM winch bar on mine, I have ease of mind now if the front end does get a few bumps while offroading. OEM has better approach angle but with the steel it shrugs off the small bumps without a worry. Upgraded suspension as well to handle the added weight.

My biggest issue is the alignment of the bumper wasn't done properly during installation and they drilled the bracket before re-checking, you'll be able to see this in the last picture the right hand side of the bumper sticks out this was due to installation, manufacturing wise all good except the crap lights and light pods they have installed to me they looked nicer than the ARB but they're quality is not that good, bumper lights burned out very quickly replaced with led one burnt out the other is flickering, driving through water and it'll flood in and sometimes pop the lights out and they'll be hanging underneath the bumper.

To me pros outweigh the cons, regarding lights i'll try to find higher quality LEDS and tape up behind them to keep moisture out or pull the whole assembly out and make up a bracket and custom make a light pod

20131024_110051.jpg

Nomad - your truck is perfect! I'd seen a pic of it in another post and thought the same then - thanks for posting.

Couple questions. How far does it stick out in front from the grill? Where did you buy it, I don't see it on any American websites.

I had a TJM on my 100 and felt the exact same as you about the lights.

Thanks again,
Carl

cederholm; said:
Nomad - your truck is perfect! I'd seen a pic of it in another post and thought the same then - thanks for posting.

Couple questions. How far does it stick out in front from the grill? Where did you buy it, I don't see it on any American websites.

I had a TJM on my 100 and felt the exact same as you about the lights.

Thanks again,
Carl

I've got a thread with all the mods done up to date with lots of pics "hitting the uae desert"

I'm hoping more people chime in as there are a few nicely kitted out 200's with arb bumpers on here and it'd be nice to see the pros/cons they have with them.

From grilll to end of bumper is 7.5"

I picked mine up from the local distributor here in the UAE (VLADCO)
online it's showing there's a distributor in California.

From TJMs website:
Store Address:*4115 Indus WayRiverside**California**92503United States
Phone:*+1 951-934-715
Fax:*+1 951-737-1545

I have the Sahara bar and am very happy with it. Got a great deal on it. Had I not, I would have been fine getting a TJM. Had one on my Hundy. ARB is more stout, but also more expensive. Don't think you'd go wrong with either option.

image-3032550464.jpg

image-1562586458.jpg

TJM in my opinion. = D

The TJM does not require that you cut your bumper, is less expensive and in my opinion a little more clean and attractive. They fixed the fog light issue on the update to the bumper last year, which is much, much better than the old plastic insert. Hope that helps!

Can someone with an ARB Sahara bar measure how far it is from the front of the grill to the front of the bumper.

Can someone with an ARB Sahara bar measure how far it is from the front of the grill to the front of the bumper.

It about 9 1/2"

Thanks for the info guys, you were no help at all as they both look great. :D

~ Carl

Is there a difference in approach angles between the two contenders?

Is there a difference in approach angles between the two contenders?

Might be an optical illusion, but it appears the ARB has better angles, but I don't have data to back that up. Truth be told, I like the look of the TJM just slightly better though. If I hadn't gotten the ARB for basically the price of shipping, I'd probably have gotten the TJM. no complaints though.

Last edited:
No problem - it's a pretty good build thread.

Great find. That is such a nice bumper and carry all for that truck! It would be great to have something like that for the LC.

I think the ARB is fugly, but functional. The Kaymar bumper is a much more visually appealing option on our rigs. I wish I still had my Kaymar!

I'm digging the Kaymar! Very understated and takes away some of the bulbousness of the rear on a 200.

Good job guys - now you have me thinking about the rear too. THANKS! :flipoff2:

:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom