ARB Install..???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a "Winch Capable" ARB for my rig..FINALLY! Bought it from 4wheel parts..because they have free shipping on it.

Since i have never installed an ARB. What should i anticipate? How long/how difficult is the install. I HOPE all the mounting parts come with it...along w/instructions! :D

any advice would be appreciated.

later,
-Joe M-

SA,
Should be no problem. Same place I bought mine. I also bought the winch at the same time. Everything comes with it. Maybe took two ours (IE - one :banana: job) with a six pack of beer. You will probably need help lifting it. I would recommend that if you intend to install a winch that you get it before you install the bumper. Otherwise you may have to pull the bumper off again to put the winch in.

Yomama

Joe,
for step by step, follow the arb directions. for shortened version see below.
1. remove four bolts from main brackets off the frame rails.
2. remove side brackets from fender side.
3. slide big old ugly arb onto frame rail ends, this is where I would deviate form yomama and go 12 pack to convince your freind to come and help you slide it on.
4. attach bolts through lower portion of arb mount to frame rail. be careful here taht you dont strip out the nuts in the rail end. might I say from experience they are kind of a pain to hammer out and re weld nuts in.
5. finish beer and stare adoringly at ugly arb bumper.
Dave

All,
dont get me wrong I love mine. I thougth UGLY was a compliment.
Dave

If the frame rails seem a tad bit too wide for the bumper to slide onto you can use a tie-down and ratchet them together a bit until the bumper slides on nicely. I wasn't about to use a BFH on my ugly new bumper. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom