ARB Front Bumper and Hi-Lift Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will Van

GOLD Star
Threads
I'd like to mount a 60" Hi-Lift on my ARB front bumper, similar to below (not my truck):
Hi_Lift_Mount.jpg

Does anyone make brackets that mount the Hi-Lift to the tabs already on the ARB bumper?
A115887_A_CDB8_4735_BABA_3_A5_CDD9_C30_BA.jpg

F32_AD901_958_C_44_EE_85_FD_564_FCC8_B2530.jpg

15_CBDD5_C_6_FFA_4_A12_83_F2_A1485_E83_AC73.jpg

BTW, yes I have seen the tube-clamp style mounts offered by Fourtreks and other companies. I was just curious if anyone made a mount for the tabs already on the ARB.

(Not my truck)
Four_Treks_1.jpg

First hit on google shows this homebrew option...

And a quick trip to hardware store seems like the simple fix. Two bolts, 6 washers two nuts and a couple rubber bushings.

But its a pain in the ass to work on the motor with it there and you need to make sure to position it so you have hood clearance.

IMG_5344.JPG

Keep in mind, hood mounts block visibility. You can run a long 3/4? Inch bolt through, bolt it so the extra sticks up and them use wingnuts and spacers to do a quick mount.

Are you married to this idea / placement?

A rear bumper with swingouts is far easier & more practical / safe from a vision aspect, esp with a 5' one.

But hey - I suppose Hi-Lift & safety don't go in the same sentence, but really even a roof rack mount would seem easier, esp when doing simple underhood checks.

First hit on google shows this homebrew option...

And a quick trip to hardware store seems like the simple fix. Two bolts, 6 washers two nuts and a couple rubber bushings.

But its a pain in the ass to work on the motor with it there and you need to make sure to position it so you have hood clearance.

View attachment 1647372

Keep in mind, hood mounts block visibility. You can run a long 3/4? Inch bolt through, bolt it so the extra sticks up and them use wingnuts and spacers to do a quick mount.

Yeah, I was hoping for a complete kit, rather than something homemade.

Are you married to this idea / placement?

A rear bumper with swingouts is far easier & more practical / safe from a vision aspect, esp with a 5' one.

But hey - I suppose Hi-Lift & safety don't go in the same sentence, but really even a roof rack mount would seem easier, esp when doing simple underhood checks.

No, not married to the idea. But I can’t use a swingout because the truck won’t fit in the garage.

How often do you use your hilift? Have you thought about just bolting the leg of the jack to the bull bar and keeping the handle, foot and jack part in the back of the cruiser?

There may also be a a spot to mount it in the cab, like the forward mount bolts on the middle row seats. It’d be tucked behind your feet against the footwell.

I drilled two holes in the top tube, used some long grade 8 bolts, washers, old poly shock bushings and made my own HiLift mount when I had my FJC. Probably do it again when I end up buying a bull bar for my FZJ80 when I get done with all the 200k maintenance stuff.

On a LX450 I bought the PO had mounted it lower on the bumper with some holes above the winch fair lead.

Didn’t keep it there as I had mounts on my rack for it.

D1B45607-C131-4E9D-B4BF-137FB7C238B5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom