ARB Diff breather location in firewall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I am installing an ARB diff breather in my 2010. Where would be the best place to put the actual breather in the firewall? Can anyone who has had this done/done this post some pics? Thanks!!

Realistically anywhere that's accessible and higher that any water you intend fording, 35" above ground?
I am down with the height of it. It is more witch side of the engine bay and the specific location where someone that installs these regularly has placed it. I am planning on the dual compressor on the side with the brake booster, but the original front breather already comes in that direction so....there has been lots of staring and googling.

Also, when I drill in this self tapping screw, how deep will it go? Do I need to worry about wires on the other side of the firewall or fire away because it won’t even get through? Do I cut out a spot of the insulation or drill right through and make an insulation sandwich? As someone said in one of the other posts, instructions for this thing are pretty light.

I read that one. Unfortunately that is right where the compressor is going. I am also using all four ports on the Breather so it need some space left and right.
Well you got me, I'm more concerned about water intrusion into the alternator which I currently solve by not thinking my 200 is an invincible submarine.

Well you got me, I'm more concerned about water intrusion into the alternator which I currently solve by not thinking my 200 is an invincible submarine.
Hahahahhahaah. I like this plan. I don’t plan on fording the Mississippi at all. I would like to keeep myself out of the “oh s*** that’s deeper than I thought” category as best I can.

I ran my rear diff into the cabin…
I ran them with my rear helper airbag air lines that I was installing at the same time. The process is outlined in the project 200 video. I did so because it seemed dumb to run it all the way to the front. And mine runs about 1/3 of the way up the B Pilar once inside. I did the back country suck on the end to make sure it wasn’t pinched off and I got a good wiff of oily fumes so I think I’m good. Also there is absolutely no notable smell in the cabin for those that are wondering.

When I do tackle the rest i will try to run mine at the fire wall on the side where most of the lines naturally want to go in order to minimize length and kinks. I bought 4 90deg elbows and 2 extenders so that the lines will all essentially point straight down again to minimize length and kinks.

I will try to use an existing hole and bolt. Maybe use a longer one to accommodate the breather manifold if needed.
Or I will use as short a self tapping screw as possible. I will prob drill a pilot hole just to peek to see if there is anything bad on the other side. Or I’ll bolt it to the sides of the vehicle maybe in the passenger sided rear corner of the engine bay where I play to mount my Slee accessory tray. Maybe I’ll mount it direct to that.

Sorry it doesn't answer your question. But these are the thoughts I’ve had. But for me….compressor. Airlines and electrical first….

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom