ARB Awning on Factory Roof Rack/Bars (100 and 200 Series) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posting this in both 100 and 200 forums as this is a solution that works with both rigs.
ARB 2500 Awning. Yakima Mighty Mounts.

ARB Awning .JPG

ARB Awning profile.JPG

Awning brackets .JPG

Sweet, thanks for posting. I was wondering what would work for an awning without a full roof rack. Is all the hardware out of the box Yakima or did you fab any of it?

That’s slick. Are mighty mounts still easy to find? I’d heard they were being discontinued

Mighty Mounts on Amazon for $38. Stainless steel hardware from Lowes for like $10, 4 bolts, 4 nylon nuts, 8 washers.

Ah ha, I see you've found all the lame ways to mount an awning. Go troll somewhere else amateur.
Easy Woody, I'm pretty sure he isn't trolling. I think he was just posting a helpful thread of people in the same boat, looking also for solutions. I like your Yakima mounts, very inexpensive and seem to work well. I have an ARB 2500 and also found that other thread very helpful. I think we are all just helping each other here.

Mighty Mounts on Amazon for $38. Stainless steel hardware from Lowes for like $10, 4 bolts, 4 nylon nuts, 8 washers.

@ncavi10 has a set for mounting his hilift on his roof. They are slick, work really well. I'd remembered hearing a while back that there were being discontinued for some reason, hopefully they don't cause I like them a lot

Don't you want three attachment points with an ARB awning? I assume that's what ARB intended when they give you three sets of bolts with your awning...

I don't remember seeing any comments about mounting locations or arrangements in the ARB instructions when I got my awning, three seems like a good idea but I would feel plenty comfortable with two setup like @WoodyCreature has

Don't you want three attachment points with an ARB awning? I assume that's what ARB intended when they give you three sets of bolts with your awning...
ARB supplies 2 sets of mounting bolts. (6-6x20mm bolts and 6 nylon nuts) That’s 3 bolts for each of the 2 mounts. It is solid, not going anywhere, 3 mounts/attachment points would be overkill.

I've been running a Sun Seeker and a Fox Wing for years on my 80 with two mounting points without issues. This seems like another solution for mounting an awning but it appears at least in your photo's the bolts are touching the roof rails?

I think this is a great solution if you already have the ARB mounts and/or you may want to take it down from time to time. For the price however, if you have to buy the ARB mounts plus the Mighty Mounts and the hardware, I think it would be easier and cheaper to buy the Rago mounts for $70 total which have everything included. I also have mine mounted all of the time with 2 mount points and it has been fine for months.

Great to see another viable solution. The Rago mounts are still the standard IMHO as they mount to the rail leaving the crossbars open for attaching a roof box or moving to different widths without impacting the awning. The Rago also has a triangular mounting plate to the rail providing 4 points of contact to handle the forces the weight of the awning puts on the rail.

Toyota 4Runner Canopy/ Awning Mounts For Factory Roof Rail

I've been running a Sun Seeker and a Fox Wing for years on my 80 with two mounting points without issues. This seems like another solution for mounting an awning but it appears at least in your photo's the bolts are touching the roof rails?

I think just from that angle it looks like it. But there is a gap.

Great to see another viable solution. The Rago mounts are still the standard IMHO as they mount to the rail leaving the crossbars open for attaching a roof box or moving to different widths without impacting the awning. The Rago also has a triangular mounting plate to the rail providing 4 points of contact to handle the forces the weight of the awning puts on the rail.

Toyota 4Runner Canopy/ Awning Mounts For Factory Roof Rail

I looked at the Rago mounts, but felt like it would be a hassle to take the end caps off the side bars and take the cross bars off in order to put the Rago mounts in the t-slots. And then would have to do it all over again just to swap the awning from the 200 to the 100. And of note, I can in a matter of less than 10 mins remove it from one vehicle and put it on another by myself. Just undo the mighty mounts and lift off, then when you set it on the other vehicle the "grip/tackiness" of the mighty mounts clamps along with the weight of the awning hold itself in place until you can tighten the clamp down.

I think this is a great solution if you already have the ARB mounts and/or you may want to take it down from time to time. For the price however, if you have to buy the ARB mounts plus the Mighty Mounts and the hardware, I think it would be easier and cheaper to buy the Rago mounts for $70 total which have everything included. I also have mine mounted all of the time with 2 mount points and it has been fine for months.

4 Mighty mounts $39, 2 ARB Universal mounts $48, stainless hardware from Lowes ~ $8. Total about $95

Bringing an old thread. Any updates on the rago mounts? Any other ways, cheaper perhaps that you can mount the awning? I just ordered the 2500x2500 arb awning.

Posting this in both 100 and 200 forums as this is a solution that works with both rigs.
ARB 2500 Awning. Yakima Mighty Mounts.

View attachment 1795869

View attachment 1795870

View attachment 1795871
Thanks again for this, as it helped me mount my awning easily, and for cheap! I noticed that your bolt isnt threaded in far on the inside part, and it looks like it's due to you using the top hole instead of bottom hole. I am sure you have figured this by now, but here is what i mean, and i hope this helps other members as well.

You guys can also get the L brackets needed from 4WheelParts for 11 bucks each. They gave me a 10% discount for awning, room, led strip and L brackets.

These mounts are sturdy enough to buy used, so I got a set off eBay. My total cost was less than 70 for A plug and play solution!

985CDC88-D730-4AD3-A065-5C299578663B.jpeg

D3CF3907-996A-4920-8137-57BA36E7FB57.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom