ARB awning cover starting to deteriorate... any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Mudders!

I have an older Arb awning. Works great!

Only issue cropping up is that the exterior of the cover is starting to deteriorate (it used to be coated, but UV has eaten it away). (The interior of the cover is fine and the coating is intact).

Any suggestions on how to rehab it?

Thanks!

Charley

arb1.jpg

arb2.jpg

Hi Mudders!

I have an older Arb awning. Works great!

Only issue cropping up is that the exterior of the cover is starting to deteriorate (it used to be coated, but UV has eaten it away). (The interior of the cover is fine and the coating is intact).

Any suggestions on how to rehab it?

Thanks!

Charley
How old are you talking? What's the cover made out of and did the awning come with care instructions ? Looks like the cover is doing it's job - protecting the contents. Have you contacted ARB? They may have replacement covers available. IIRC, UV damage is not repairable.

Replacement covers are only $40ish I believe.

Great idea! The cover looks quite integrated into the awning. But I’m sure it must be removable. I’ll give ARB a shout. Thx.

The covers seem pretty strong. I repeatedly rubbed mine against a branch while out on a recent trip (to a brewery lol!). It barely wore a hole in it! The price you pay when thirsty!

Just replaced mine. $34 or so. The two aluminum halves are just riveted together with the cover sandwiched between. You'll need to drill out the rivets and install new ones.

Just replaced mine. $34 or so. The two aluminum halves are just riveted together with the cover sandwiched between. You'll need to drill out the rivets and install new ones.
Hey! I could really use some help finding these aluminum parts 🙏

I have tried to locate a replacement vinyl cover since the beginning of the year and ARB USA says they don't know when they will be back in stock. I just used some stickers to cover the holes that had worn through in a few places (where the j-straps are).

I have tried to locate a replacement vinyl cover since the beginning of the year and ARB USA says they don't know when they will be back in stock. I just used some stickers to cover the holes that had worn through in a few places (where the j-straps are).

What size is your awning? I have a brand new never opened cover for a 2500x2500 arb number #815206

What size is your awning? I have a brand new never opened cover for a 2500x2500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom