AR TAT with Ouachita Mixed In (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In March myself and two others will be doing the AR Trans America Trail starting on the MS side. The TAT routes north of Ouachita NF, but we plan to divert south around Little Rock to go up to Hot Springs and catch the southeast end of the Ouachita. We will likely get halfway through, it goes all the way into OK, before we route north back onto the TAT.

All that is to ask this... Does anyone have any good routes through Ouachita with GPX files for sharing. Using Gaia GPS for routing.

I saw there was a group called Central Overlanding that did a route back in 2011, but they have gone dark and a few general searches on here did not turn up any juice.

Later
s.

In March myself and two others will be doing the AR Trans America Trail starting on the MS side. The TAT routes north of Ouachita NF, but we plan to divert south around Little Rock to go up to Hot Springs and catch the southeast end of the Ouachita. We will likely get halfway through, it goes all the way into OK, before we route north back onto the TAT.

All that is to ask this... Does anyone have any good routes through Ouachita with GPX files for sharing. Using Gaia GPS for routing.

I saw there was a group called Central Overlanding that did a route back in 2011, but they have gone dark and a few general searches on here did not turn up any juice.

Later
s.
paging @slacker24-7

Natural State Overland on Facebook has info. They answer questions like this a few dozen times a day.

Natural State Overland on Facebook has info. They answer questions like this a few dozen times a day.
Thanks. I've been avoiding FB for a while, but this is a good reason to open it up.

Thanks @wngrog any more AR trails to share? Ozarks? Sorry if I can search you in Gaia

Well damn, I just saw this, sorry
I’ve done the TAT from OK to Ms. a couple times and run around the ouchitas quite a bit, but as you probably know now, finding the cool stuff is a big part of it. Hope your trip went well

The trip was great, but cut a little short due to that real bad set of storms that went through. We had to grab a hotel and then packed up for home with about 3 days left. That said, we did everything I wanted including a stop in Hot Springs. It went smooth for 4 dudes in stock vehicles - GX460, Taco TRD Sport. In Ouachita we found some locked gates for logging operations where the tracks in Gaia had no mention, but otherwise it was a fun place to be. I need a better way to attach the trash-a-roo thing. The GX got super dusty with it breaking the seal on the hatch as shown in the linked pics.

Its not on the books yet, but Ouachita will get another run eventually. The link below has a few pics from the AR and TN trips. The random grave sites popping out of the forest were odd and tragic.

Flickr Album

That makes sense. The one shown in the album had logging all around it. We found it when routing around a logging operation. The trail stopped at a dead end and that broken down cemetery. There were a few soldier graves, possibly from whichever war was late 1800s, and those shown which are a mother and 6 babies. No stone for the father. We left with subdued spirits.

I need a better way to attach the trash-a-roo thing. The GX got super dusty with it breaking the seal on the hatch as shown in the linked pics.
Rear tire mount?

Rear tire mount?

460, not 470. Think he had the straps run thru the rear window.

460, not 470. Think he had the straps run thru the rear window.
Indeed he did. ;)

Yes, 460 and a tire carrier is not in this rig's future. The option for now is to stuff it in a plano box on the roof for removal at camp.

S

Rear tire mount?
Maybe the NashFabCo Rear Ladder for the 460?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom