Aqualu Closing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PAToyota

Keystone Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm deeply saddened by this news - saw it this evening on Instagram.

Aqualu.png

I can't begrudge them for retirement, but feel like my dreams were suddenly crushed. I've harbored thoughts of building an FJ80 pickup one day using their body and parts.

I'd be hopeful that someone could purchase the business and continue to produce their parts, but understand that it was a sideline to their aluminum fabrication business so it isn't quite "stand alone."

Oh no!!!!!
I also have projects (dreams) in the wings that require these guys!!!!!!!

Discussion I've seen is that people have looked into buying the business, but that not being quite "stand alone" is the issue. You sort of need a larger aluminum fabrication business to support it. Hopefully the right match will come along in the coming months and things will continue.

Sorry for digging up another old thread, but thought I'd clarify here. Todd is in fact retiring, but Aqualu and Hard Body 4x4 will continue under new ownership.

You do still have some time to get your orders in with the OG of Aqualu, Todd, behind the wheel. Send me an email at luke@aqualu.com and I'll help ya out.

Good to hear that things will continue on! Just to be clear, the new ownership will continue making the bodies?

Just thought I would give a update on what I seen going on when I stopped by aqualu while passing thru in the past week. Talked with Todd and by no means are the body's going to cease production. Had a tour around the shop and it appeared to be the exact opposite of slowing down. If anything production is ramping up! Lots of different body's and components on the go being built and crated ready to ship! Just thought I would share the good news with the other cruiser heads

Great to hear! From what I've seen on IG they still seem to be churning things out. Did they have a change of mind or is there new ownership or...?

Another smaller niche business - Hoosier Profiles - had announced their retirement a few years back and said to get final orders in. The response has been so good that they're still going.

For sure exciting for the cruiser community!
I was just passing thru so don't know the back story but I would guess it's similar to what your saying with Hoosier where the demand for the product out weighed Todd's decision to retire. That or his passion continuing was worth pushing retirement a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom