April Trail Ride, Sunday 24th to Texas Creek (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
We're moving the April trail ride to Sunday, April 24th.

Springs guys will meet at the Safeway store on 1920 South Nevada Avenue between 8am and 8:30am. We'll depart from there at 8:30am.
We'll drive down to Penrose, then take US Hwy 50 west to Canon City and beyond to the Texas Creek OHV Area (roughly 6 miles east of Cotopaxi).

Bring snacks and a lunch (and plenty of drinking water), and be prepared for cooler weather (forecast is for a high temperature around 50*F)

Meet you guys at Texas Creek OHV parking area. You'll likely be there around 10 AM. with you leaving from the Springs. I'll be in my 40. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAS
We had a fun day on the mountain--there were six rigs in total; one 40, one 62, three 80s, and one 100.

After meeting and greeting at Safeway on S. Nevada Avenue, we drove to Texas Creek and met @old40dog in the staging area. We drove up the wash and stayed right/north to follow County Road 27 (I think) over the summit and into the valley beyond. We hung out there for a short while, and then back south through the was to the junction of BLM Road 6040. We took it north/west through the tight spots and up the mountain. We had lunch on BLM Road 6041. The view of the Sangre's was blocked by low clouds, but still a great sight.

20220424_125502.jpg

20220424_122309.jpg

20220424_122226.jpg

Thanks guys! Great meeting some more cruiserheads. Really fun day. Looking to explore this area more as it's in my backyard.!

Reactions: SAS
Any thought to running the "Seep Springs" area north of Canon City again?

Any thought to running the "Seep Springs" area north of Canon City again?

Yes!

Our May (21st-22nd) trail ride is "club choice" and in the April club meeting we decided to do Bald Mountain Gulch and Bald Mountain Loop near Johnson Village (Buena Vista). But I have thought about running the Seep Springs area, too, and maybe can set that up for a Sunday outing, maybe May 15th???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom