April Alternate Trail Ride, weekend of 22-23 April (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Guys: at our last monthly meeting (March) we laid out a schedule for trail rides each month, and included an alternate for each month to include camping and / or a different destination.

For April, Frosty Park (Forest Road 379) was our "primary" scheduled outing, and the "alternate" is Seep Springs (aka Red Canyon Park) near Canon City on April 22-23. It was originally intended as an overnight camping trip, but the weather forecast this week is still pretty cool, temps in the 50s and overnight in the 20s.

So I'm proposing we cancel the camping portion, and maybe run this as a day trip on Sunday, April 23rd.

If you're interested, post below. I'm working out of town this week and won't be on this forum, but I'll catch up this Friday night.

I'm interested if my truck will make it (which will partially depend on how snowy it will be - not sure if I'll have my broken tire chain fixed/replaced by then).

I did Seep springs in a UTV. It has pretty scenery. The trails are wider than the trails at Penrose Common which I found to be pretty tight. I got some pin stripes from brush and trees at Penrose.

Count me in for Sunday the 23rd.

Unfortunately gonna miss this one. Have fun!

Is this still a go? if so where are we meeting? Safeway?

Yes.

Let's meet at Safeway (1910 S. Nevada Ave.) on the east side of the parking lot (as usual spot) facing Nevada Ave. 8am to 8:30am timeframe. We'll cross-check radios and then move out.

Will we be turning off of Highway 50 at the juncture of road 69 west of canon city?

Will we be turning off of Highway 50 at the juncture of road 69 west of canon city?
We can go in that way, or from the eastern side (south of Shelf Road/The Bank). I'd prefer to go in the way you describe... @LCPilot want to choose???

I am in Canon City and will be at the Big R and fall in as you go by. I'll be on channel 5 GMRS. It is simpler to go 50 to 69 instead of winding through town.

Reactions: SAS
Vic and I will also be meeting up with you in Canon City.

Vic went full Hero Mode in the Lexus at The Bank yesterday.

20230423_163313.jpg

20230423_163501.jpg

20230423_163514.jpg

20230423_163545.jpg

20230423_163552.jpg

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom