April 21st SSC Event - Straddleline ORV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Straddleline ORV Park
$10 fee per vehicle (pay to play here)

Difficulty - 2.0 / 2.5 if it is wet
Few hills, optional obstacle course, narrow side trails, mild trail system that any stock Toyota 4WD manufactured vehicle should have no problems with (RAV4 / Highlander would be the exception):D

Start Time - 10:00AM, meet in parking lot

CB Channel - 4

For those who own Dirt bikes (w/ motors) or quads there is a great motocross track with some huge jumps...

I will probably head home through Capital Forest after lunch as the trail system in the ORV park is only about 5 miles long. Capital Forest consists of some easy forest service roads with a few hill climb distractions and some side trails that can be interesting. Much more fun than hitting the freeway home. I will be exiting the forest at the Waddle Creek entrance.

ORVDrivingMapMED.gif

I am hoping one of our veteran off road members will come forward to lead a run on a more difficult trail system, Elbe, Evans, Naches etc. for a late Spring / early Summer run... :idea:

Sounds like an easy one, maybe I should bring the wife's Matrix AWD... Just kidding. I'm in. I may even follow you out through Capital Forest. :bounce:

Do They Actually Have Many Trails There Yet? Long Long Ago When I Was There They Just Had A Few Behind The Track All The Rest Was Basicly Like Driving Up C Line. I Take It That The Quadzilla Hill Climb Or Whatever They Called Is It Still Closed.

Do They Actually Have Many Trails There Yet? Long Long Ago When I Was There They Just Had A Few Behind The Track All The Rest Was Basicly Like Driving Up C Line. I Take It That The Quadzilla Hill Climb Or Whatever They Called Is It Still Closed.

I haven't been out there since last September before they closed it for the winter. I heard they did some work on the trail system while it was closed but to what extent I don't know yet... There was a large hill behind the obstacle course that was open, it was pretty steep but nothing the FJC couldn't handle... ;p

yeah there is that really steep hill right off the camping area near the course. I want to say it was called quadzilla or something close.they closed it years ago because to many people were getting hurt and some dying but most where on dirt bike and some on quads. i did see a cj5 make it up there once with very little trouble but it was dry out as well.
someone needs to take there fj up there if it is open, we can walk the hill and find the best route.

yeah there is that really steep hill right off the camping area near the course. I want to say it was called quadzilla or something close.they closed it years ago because to many people were getting hurt and some dying but most where on dirt bike and some on quads. i did see a cj5 make it up there once with very little trouble but it was dry out as well.
someone needs to take there fj up there if it is open, we can walk the hill and find the best route.

Sounds like the same hill, I "walked" right up it with my FJC... it was dry, might be a little more fun when its nice & wet.:D

My daughter's first volleyball game was just moved to 11:00AM Saturday. :crybaby:

I should be at Straddleline by 1:00PM...:cool:

I am hoping one of our veteran off road members will come forward to lead a run on a more difficult trail system, Elbe, Evans, Naches etc. for a late Spring / early Summer run... :idea:[/QUOTE]

Eh you speaking to me sonny :) , i was thinking maybe a trip over the Naches after it opens up , I have a friend from the Timber Tamers 4x4 club and they do a run every year so maybe we can team up with them , its a real easy run and you can bring your wives and kids , this is the one run my wife will do and she really doesnt like wheeling , as far as elbe like i told brandon nope no way nada never not with you not with me not with any body , the last time i did elbe it took us 12 hours to go two miles and this was with rigs locked on both ends we winched more than we wheeled , they dont call it the busy/wild trail for nothing , evans that should be ok little tite in spots but with good spotters no problem , evans is a fun place to go , let me know when you want and ill plan it maybe end of may or ? ,

Got home from the Volleyball game and the damn dog ate one of the kids toys so I had to take him to the vet... Wanted to take him home to old yeller if you know what I mean, but didn't. The doc was about to take some xray's when he barfed up one of my son's Playmobil guys right on the exam table...

Hope you guys had a good time.

well, thats better than my dog experience for the week one of mine got killed on thursday at my parents house when my dad was playing with her outside.

Man that sucks Ben. Was it the hound dog?

Brian, Steve and I were the only ones that made it. It was pretty wet and serious mudders only going up the steep hill climb. Farron and I tried to check out the mud drags, but we missed it all (got there at 11:00), of course they still let me pay to get into the stands. We saw a few trucks do the new course but the tough truck competition isn't until tomorrow. I think the one the Tacoma Web footers put on last year was a lot better. This one didn't seem to have any organization or real plan.

As far as the trails go, I found out the 60 has a broken motor mount (should have replaced them when I had the engine out last winter). Kept getting a loud noise going up the hills. Finally figure out it was the fan hitting the shroud. Decided to called it quits early. Not sure if Steve explored any more after that.

I left shortly after Brandon did, but would really like to go back now. The little bit of the trails I was on was fun.

Sorry guys, I was sick all weekend. Me and my family have been playing the pass the cold game. I was going to go anyway, but figured I better get some reset. Any pictures? Was it as easy as Brian said or a bit more difficult? The mud pit sounds like fun!

Brandon - I wanted to talk to you about swimming. I may have found some motivation to get back in and swim a bit. Just need to know about meets and stuff...

The parts that I saw were as Brian described, however, with all the rain last week there were parts that were very slippery. (Tons of clay in the soil). I really want to go back and check out the rest. Anyone up for playing hooky on Friday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom