Anza Borrego Coyote Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Anybody run up to Coyote Canyon since it reopened for the fall/winter? Curious to know if they've repaved the old rock gardens again. Going to head up there this weekend at our leisure Saturday and stay Sat/Sun evening with my son and fiance. Neither has been up there and we all have Veterans Day off Monday. Will probably come down Sunday and give them a tour of the Breceda sculptures throughout the valley Sunday and run out to Fonts Point. Other than that no specific plans. If they want we'll hike up to the upper falls. Lower is very short. Gotta wonder what, if any flow there will be on either falls with the lack of rain.

BTW - AB State Park site as usual lists roads above valley as Poor. Their poor, not ours would be my guess! LOL!

Was up there a couple weeks ago. Bottom half is good for a Prius. Top half a little more chewed up. Didn't hike to see if any water was flowing. Traffic was minimal.

Was up there a couple weeks ago. Bottom half is good for a Prius. Top half a little more chewed up. Didn't hike to see if any water was flowing. Traffic was minimal.
How'd you know i was taking my Prius and not the Landcruiser!? LOL!

Just make sure you install the snorkel on the hybrid - there is some water on the way in 👍
:hmm: 🤣 That water crossing just hasn't been the same since they bulldozed the jungle cruise through there!

I miss that Jungle Cruise. Be safe, have a blast!!!!!

Anybody run up to Coyote Canyon since it reopened for the fall/winter? Curious to know if they've repaved the old rock gardens again. Going to head up there this weekend at our leisure Saturday and stay Sat/Sun evening with my son and fiance. Neither has been up there and we all have Veterans Day off Monday. Will probably come down Sunday and give them a tour of the Breceda sculptures throughout the valley Sunday and run out to Fonts Point. Other than that no specific plans. If they want we'll hike up to the upper falls. Lower is very short. Gotta wonder what, if any flow there will be on either falls with the lack of rain.

Hey
Can i join you for saturday and sunday

Won't be up there until probably Saturday afternoon. Plan on Sunday is to come back out and give them a tour of all the metal sculptures in the valley.

Hopefully the campground up there won't be too crowded. No plans for any wheeling and just a get away with son and fiance.

Last time we were up there was about a year and a half ago April. Looked pretty much the same except they put a door on the "bathroom" at some point. Nobody in our favorite spot first on the left, but it looked like there were some "long term" campers at the end of the valley.

I'd also recommend doing The Slot. They've kinda Disneylanded that just like a lot of other sites, but still worth doing and the canyon drive out is nice from the lower entrance to the slot itself.

Have a great time! It's still beautiful out there.

From the last time:

IMG_8534.jpg
IMG_9067.JPG
IMG_9070.JPG

Thx for the update - would have to pull my map to remember where The Slot is! It's been that long!

Well, maybe next weekend. Son had lab work due Monday 8am and couldn't ger it finished Sat. morning. Perhaps next weekend. His finishing his degree comes first and foremost.

Was out there this past weekend getting a little more use out of my Xmas present Swag tent. Brent you could just about get your Prius up the old rock garden / new paved road section.

20191228_164230.jpg

20191228_164244.jpg

20191228_164634.jpg

That's not good news about the path up there! Nice little tent!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom