anyone with FJ cruiser in south Overland Park area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im heading out to CO end of the month and thinking about renting an FJ Cruiser for a few days since my 80 is not operational with flex plate issues.

Looking to test fit car seats before pulling the trigger on the rental. Any one have a few minutes that I could borrow to test fit?

Thank you
Jess

Last edited:
I've got a number somewhere of someone I met at Home Depot. Will track it down and see if they are willing.

Edit:

Of course @SammyT96LX450 could bring one of Jeff Graggs up on his next sales call in the area too.

What are you hoping to test? FJC seats are supportive, but pretty firm. The waterproof cloth on them is pretty breathable. Mine was one of the few vehicles I’ve owned that I didn’t want to drive with the seat all the way back. Excellent legroom.

What are you hoping to test? FJC seats are supportive, but pretty firm. The waterproof cloth on them is pretty breathable. Mine was one of the few vehicles I’ve owned that I didn’t want to drive with the seat all the way back. Excellent legroom.

Orig Post was how well his car seats fit in the rig.

Orig Post was how well his car seats fit in the rig.
Ah. Car seat=child safety seat. I’d just ask the folks on FJcruiserforum.com if your model fits. Generally, anything that’s forward-facing works.

Whoops, yeah trying to clarify with the same term doesn't really communicate anything new does it.
:worms::bang: :doh:

I think Sammy gets back from his Western Loop either end of week or next week. I haven't heard anything from my guy yet. When I do I will pass your number on Jess. Of course road trip to Hallsville where Jeff Gragg lives is an option or approach a random local at the mall.

Ah. Car seat=child safety seat. I’d just ask the folks on FJcruiserforum.com if your model fits. Generally, anything that’s forward-facing works.

Yep I’ve got a 1.5 year old and debating with my wife just having him forward facing on the trail. There are to many models of car seat and most seam to say for comfort center but that only works with the second is a booster not my 3 year old doesn’t fit that category.

I spent a couple hours last night searching forums and feel 5 min should give me the answer. might just find a dealer and ask to see if my car seats fit well enough to consider an FJ

@cjmoon I just remembered non-active TAC members the Ashers have an FJ and don't use Mud. They live up North but are good friends with some non-active members in OP. I think they are still on the TAC roster but if not Peggy or Ridgeway should be able to come up with a contact number.

Im heading out to CO end of the month and thinking about renting an FJ Cruiser for a few days since my 80 is not operational with flex plate issues.

Looking to test fit car seats before pulling the trigger on the rental. Any one have a few minutes that I could borrow to test fit?

Thank you
Jess
My wife used our FJ as a daily with car seats. Car seats were no problem getting the kids in an out from the Rear facing seat was more of an issue because of the suicide doors and parking lots. On the trail you will be fine. Let me see if I can find an FJ for you in Kc to test fit

Can’t comment on car seats in an FJC but I do know where one is located in KC. I stumbled across this one a few weeks ago and it looks like it’s still there. Priced pretty high and a few things could use an explanation but otherwise in really good shape.

Not quite South KC, but just off the interstate so might be worth while to check out.

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4DR 4WD MT 4WD

Thanks every one for the options. Found a small dealer in Olathe that has one. I’m going to stop by Thursday morning. And take a look/test fit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom