Anyone want a fully locked LHD 1HDT 80 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
I have a friend looking to sell a Euro Spec (LHD) Diesel HDJ80. Anyone interested? if so, I can put you in touch. I think he is asking around $17K and the truck has all three lockers.

diff lock switch.jpg

motor.jpg

rear view.jpg

That is a decent price, how many km's

230k miles. H151 5 speed transmission... He has the fender flares as well. Truck came from France.

Colorado. But it's titled as diesel so it shouldn't be hard to get over here.

Yeah... It can take a little work, but since this is all original and matching numbers, it should go okay...

Registering it in CA under current regs is a no go, unless you get really really lucky or know a guy. But it being a 5 speed and LHD is pretty special, keeping it registered in another state is not that big of a deal. If he puts up on the classifieds it'll sell quick.

Yeah... He's a buddy so he gave me and 'friends' first shot...

The Diesel 80 market has gone a little soft lately with the increase of availability in the 70 series, but this is a rare bird and at that price is a good opportunity for someone, assuming its not a rust bucket, which it shouldn't be coming from france.

He said the paint is shot, but only a little rust in the usual places.

That looks so good. Tell Justin thank you for giving us CA folks a shot at that awesome beast!

Not Justin, but another buddy. Guy I know from the small group of dieselheads from Mud and back in CO... Justin still has that 63 FJ25/40 for sale as well!

what year is it? if it s pre 96 its smog exempt and shouldnt be an issue to import to CA. I found a registration shop in Fallbrook that helps with that usual snags.

It's at least 91 to 94...

The problem isnt at the local DMV's, I've heard of a few cases where, the DMV collects fees, issues plates all looks good, a month later, a letter from Sacramento come saying they are denying registration and holding on to the fees, @saltycoconuts has first hand experience with that.

Pmed you his info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom