Anyone up for checking out an LX470 in Orlando? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,

I'm out of state but have found an 05 LX470 for sale at a used lot in Longwood. I'm thinking of sending a mobile mechanic but didn't know if there was someone in town who knows these rigs who'd be willing to take a look before I book a plane ticket. I'd happily reimburse with a libation of your choice!

"Used lot in Longwood" is all you need to know. No need to see it. Got photos and a VIN? If it's the black one with 192k miles I found, remember that a used car dealer has got to make a profit, so they got that one cheap. Gotta ask "Why?". Auction buyers in Florida know what that car is worth, and in my experience Florida used car dealers are almost universally scumbags.

Last edited:
"Used lot in Longwood" is all you need to know. No need to see it. Got photos and a VIN? If it's the black one with 192k miles I found, remember that a used car dealer has got to make a profit, so they got that one cheap. Gotta ask "Why?". Auction buyers in Florida know what that car is worth, and in my experience Florida used car dealers are almost universally scumbags.
That is the one, at majestic auto. I have my trepidations too. The only reason I'm still looking is it has a good carfax and has always been serviced at a Lexus dealership. So it seems maintenance was kept up. From looking at the Carfax it doesn't seem like it ever went to auction. But yes, I'm nervous about what I might be missing.

Vin is JTJHT00W153553273 and pictures are at the dealer site here.

I would recommend wholeheartedly to find a car from a private owner. There is a reason it's at a second tier used car palace in Florida at a good price, and they aren't likely to tell you why. The car dealers in that area aren't known for their honest reliability.

I would be happy to if my time is paid for.

I would recommend wholeheartedly to find a car from a private owner. There is a reason it's at a second tier used car palace in Florida at a good price, and they aren't likely to tell you why. The car dealers in that area aren't known for their honest reliability.
I really appreciate you throwing that out there. I used to live in Altamonte and had a good experience getting a used car at a used lot on 17/92 but it was a little further up the road and a much more established place. I'd love to get a good car, but really don't want a grenade. I'm not in the place in life to absorb a 16k mistake!

So your assumption is that there is a much higher risk here, and likely a smoking gun that wouldn't necessarily be picked up by a mechanic doing a pre-purchase inspection? I'm on the same page about preferring to work with private sellers, it's just that this one has far better service records than most I've seen from any private sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom