Anyone rear ended lately? Need a tip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It works great as a battering ram when someone rear ends you at a light or on I-5 in stop and go traffic. It does wonders...pops a hole in the offenders radiator,and no insurance claim required.
Good one... This is the Captain. Scotty, raise the shields!

If you are worried about a carfax note about a minor impact, think how worried a prospective buyer would be of a unrepaired minor impact. If you don’t ever plan to sell, the point is moot anyways.

My vote is get a quote, a check, and then put your order in at Dissent.
That's what I am doing currently on my front, my excuse for getting an ARB front bumper. This was the other cars fault, even though it was the front bumper.

At the same time, putting Bud Built sliders on the side where someone tore the step up in the local grocery store.

Every time someone does something stupid, I do something expensive! LOL

You guys are reminding me why I've been running a hitch on my 4Runner for 19 years and need to put one on the 200. It works great as a battering ram when someone rear ends you at a light or on I-5 in stop and go traffic. It does wonders...pops a hole in the offenders radiator,and no insurance claim required.
Yes, this exactly. I put the OEM hitch on my 200 the first week I owned it.

If there was a police report it was most likely reported to carfax. A bumper replacement with paint is prob 2k. Id get a quote and tell the other insurance I want a check to settle, and then either live with it or buy a armored rear bumper. My 200 is 5 years old and has already had the rear bumper banged up/ replaced twice. I wont fix it the second time... I’m going armor.

Had a nice woman with bad driving attention hit the rear hitch on my superduty. Did 3500 dollars damage to her chevy front. My ford superduty 15 dollar trailer hitch wiring bracket needed to be bent back a little. I did get a 15 dollar check from the womans husband. He thanked me for being calm and having no stress and making sure his wife was reassured all was fine. My daughter was in my truck and I wanted her to understand how grown people can be nice to each other under circumstances that other folks would be upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom