Anyone near Hanover, MA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a set of eyes to inspect and test drive a used Duramax tow rig for me at a Boston area dealership (Hanover).
Will happily pay you for your time or buy dinner for you and your significant other for tolerating a couple hours with the salesperson on the lot.
Call or text me @ 717-679-1853. I'm in Harrisburg, PA.

Mike Stevens

Unless you like rust, I would stay away from trucks from the Northeast. I looked at probably 20 trucks in Ma and NH when looking for my next tow rig. I ended up buying a tow rig out of texas. The price was about the same as a comparable truck in the New England area. I had it shipped from Dallas, TX to Nashua, NH. Cost an extra 1000.00.

Unless you like rust, I would stay away from trucks from the Northeast. I looked at probably 20 trucks in Ma and NH when looking for my next tow rig. I ended up buying a tow rig out of texas. The price was about the same as a comparable truck in the New England area. I had it shipped from Dallas, TX to Nashua, NH. Cost an extra 1000.00.
I hear ya on the rust thing, rust never sleeps (Neil Young). We sling salt and that liquid brine mixture around here like its going out of style.
This truck in Boston is a 2018 model year that would expect to only see minor frame surface rust on. Just need someone to take a peak for me for that warm-n-fuzzy feeling I need before taking the plunge.

I am probably 45 mins away from Hanover, if no one else chimes in that is closer, I could probably look at if for you on Tuesday.

Thanks Mike, very generous of you.

A little background on this, I contracted with a remote inspection service last week (AutoChex) who strung me on for 3 days while waiting for a confirmation from them before they flat out cancelled on me. Said they couldn't locate a mechanic in the Boston area to do the inspection. Really??! Said something about the Covid thing, too..
Anyway, this past Friday night I contracted with a second service, Lemon Squad, who just earlier this evening confirmed an appointment with the dealership to do an inspection tomorrow (Monday 1/25). So lets just hold off for now and see what Lemon Squad comes up with, and we'll go from there. I've never used a service like this but I do have expectations of what they provide to their customers, based on their website. Fingers crossed.

Sounds good. during my search I used a couple of different inspection companies and all of them were really good. If you need someone else to take it for a ride or give it a look just let me know.

I'll be in that area and could swing by if needed. I am a mediocre mechanic but know enough to tell whats junk. I certainly know rust....

I’m a town over and could take a look.
If it’s at Prime GMC they only resell primo trucks.
If it’s in any other dealership in that town I would walk (grew up there).

Well..the truck sold over the weekend. I was notified by Semon
I’m a town over and could take a look.
If it’s at Prime GMC they only resell primo trucks.
If it’s in any other dealership in that town I would walk (grew up there).
Yes, it was at PRIME. They had good reviews. Too bad for me that the truck sold over the weekend..

Thanks to all for your interest in helping me out with this rig but I was notified by Lemon Squad this morning that the truck had sold over the weekend. Bummer. Wasn't meant to be I guess.
Still, I wanted that truck...
And now, the insult to the injury: the inspection service Lemon Squad will not refund my money for the inspection. They will only issue me a credit. It's their policy. All Sales are Final.
I asked several times for a refund but the CSR was locked into the 'Terms and Conditions' small-print in the contract (an online sale) and she didn't want to hear anything about services paid for but not fulfilled. She then thanked me and abruptly hung up. Bitch.
Fortunately for me, the order was placed last Friday evening and hadn't been fully processed by my bank as of mid-afternoon today, The online card page showed the $169 fee as a 'pending transaction' and not a completed sale. So I initiated a dispute with VISA through my bank hoping to recoup my hard earned pesos.
Honestly, I'm not holding my breath for the refund. It's the principle and it just pisses me off that despite the fact that it was neither parties fault that the truck sold, they're now going to keep my money as a credit to my account ". . to be used at anytime, in any city, in the Lower 48".
Right. Like I would ever consider doing this again with you guys...

Does anybody know...is it Monday today?

Good Luck in your search. When I was doing mine, I had l luck looking at Trucks down south, I would not look any further north then VA. I do remember that I did talk with a guy near Harrisburg, PA who had pretty nice trucks, that were decent in price. I can't remember his name, but I think he was on Truck Trader. Let us know if you need anything looked at up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom