Anyone know what happened to "The Toyota Store" in Jackson? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking through old paperwork, I found the bill of sale for my FJ60. It appears to have come from a dealership in Jackson named "The Toyota Store".

bosedit1.jpg

I can't seem to find any record of them other than some old archived advertisements in the Clarion Ledger.

0_0_4116_6874.jpg

0_0_4003_6696.jpg

Does anyone know what happened to that dealer? Were they folded into one of the larger chains or just simply went out of business? I found some articles of dissolution as of 2011 with the name on it, but that is where the trail goes cold.

Looking through old paperwork, I found the bill of sale for my FJ60. It appears to have come from a dealership in Jackson named "The Toyota Store".

View attachment 2527323

I can't seem to find any record of them other than some old archived advertisements in the Clarion Ledger.

View attachment 2527324

View attachment 2527325

Does anyone know what happened to that dealer? Were they folded into one of the larger chains or just simply went out of business? I found some articles of dissolution as of 2011 with the name on it, but that is where the trail goes cold.

Let’s see the 60 .....

Strangely, the phone number is the same current number to Gray-Daniels Toyota. The only other Toyota dealer I remember was Dick Whitehurst Toyota. Seems like they were on both Ellis Avenue and South Street at different times.

Like Nolen said, if you can provide the address, I’ll bet we can figure it out

Strangely, the phone number is the same current number to Gray-Daniels Toyota. The only other Toyota dealer I remember was Dick Whitehurst Toyota. Seems like they were on both Ellis Avenue and South Street at different times.

Like Nolen said, if you can provide the address, I’ll bet we can figure it out
I remember Dick Whitehurst as well on Ellis.

They then moved up the hill on the Frontage Road.

Let’s see the 60 .....

Yes, it looks like 680 S. West Street, Jackon on the Bill of Sale.

I get down to Jackson once a year or so to visit family, and I went to the address once and only found an empty lot.

I don't have many good pictures of the truck.

c2839cbb63bc4211b0e8f5bfaaa77d14.jpeg

It currently looks like this though...

a59f4333fcb5403ba3ea31d39f8ccd7e.jpeg

It’s now Grey Daniels, I remember them calling the store on the frontage road off Gallatin Street just south of I20, “The Toyota Store”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom