Anyone install Sirius in the LC yet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought the new S50 model...Sirius receiver plus MP3 player, has the FM modulator built in and everything. Pretty small slick little product. I put the magnetic antenna on my roof about 6 inches from the tail light on my 04 LC. I'm not getting very good reception at all. I called Sirius and they said that there are 5 repeaters near me and there should be a problem and at. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem?

http://www.sirius.com/gs/s50/

Okay okay..I see people have Sirius....but where are you guys putting the antenna?

My XM antenna is located on the roof, just ahead of the 3rd stop light, as you described yours. Reception is fine. Maybe you've got a connection problem?

I have Starmate replay Hardwired to Alpine HU. The antenna are in the same location as everybody else. about 8" in front of the rear 3rd brake light.
I have to return this twice before finally find the one that gives good sound. The first one got bad FM modulator. Second one got flat sound even hard wired. The third one are finally functioning like it supposed to.

Is yours hard wired or using FM modulator. FM modulator are not that good since you could have a lot of interference from local radio station.

I'm using the modulator, but I've even plugged in the headphones to listen to it directly while docked and I still get intermitten reception.

I think I'll return this unit for another one, maybe I'm having a hardware issue.

I have my antenna in the same location as BillW. I popped a hole in the radius of the roof line where the rear hatch pivots. Sealed the hole with PRC. Haven't had any problems with it.

Got a s50 based on this post for xmas. It is an awesome unit. The antenna is installed on the roof, just in front of the stupid wing and it works like a champ. Reception is awesome. I even have it running through the fm modulator and a station in Raleigh uses that fm station (did not know that) and it just over runs the station. I am changing to another fm frequency tomorrow. At first, I was running over the sirius preset station of 88.1 and the reception was terrible.

Thanks for the hook up on the S50.

uzj100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom