Anyone have experience w/ SOA 60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bama4door

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Been looking around the forum about SOA stuff. I recently saw a really nice 60 in town that was blue with a SOA conversion at walmart and it looks like something I would like to tackle eventually. Just seeing if anyone has a SOA 60 in AR or know anything about them?

Mainly looking for typical cost, not trying to break the bank and don't need anything extra crazy...just the basics. My OME front lift is worn out pretty bad and my rear springs would probably get replaced with some Chevy 63s.

Also seeing as it requires a good bit of welding, if anyone has access to a welder that could possible help me out if I actually go through with it.

Does anyone know the story on highsteer stuff I would need...good company etc?

I've thought about going SOA with mine.

This is what I was planning to do:

This is what I would consider "new" and "right". You can find used parts, creatively reuse spring perches or make your own, skip high steer all together, etc, etc, to get costs down.

Think you could find and speak with the owner of the blue 60 you mentioned to see how he likes his rig or what he would do different if he had the change to build another 60?

We have a member (elephants 88 fj62) that is running a SOA 62. We wheel Sicily Island and Hotspring with his rig. If you thought a 60 was a heavy beast you should take a ride in one that is SOA (lots of body roll on the road and trail) But on a positive note he has gained great ground clearence by going this route. Something to think about.

Thanks for the list Josh, that helps a bunch!

Doable--I should have stuck around to talk to him, but didn't have time. I have seen it parked around town before so I'll try and track him down.

As far as body roll, I really really doubt it's going to be as bad as it is now. The PO took off both front/rear sway bars and with worn out springs/shocks, it's a pretty interesting ride especially going around round-abouts in town haha.

Would you need to do a "cut and turn" on your front housing?

Thats what I did when I went SOA on my 40.

I'm not sure. I've heard it's not that necessary on the 62s like it is on the 60s, but I need to read up some more on it.

I really don't want to have to get a new trans/Tcase crossmember made bc of driveline angles, but haven't figured all that out either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom