anyone have a picture of carb jet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
I need to get into my carb to change my jet to a larger size. After looking at the FSM, I am still a bit foggy on what to look for. Anyone have a carb (stock 73ish) that is apart and you can point out the jet?

There are two 14mm hex plugs on the front of the float bowl. Those hex plugs are supposed to have the high altitude, read smaller hole diameter, jets for the primary and secondary fuel circuits.

Remove those plugs, look strait inside those holes and you will see your jets inside the float bowl.

Make sure you have a quality, flat-tipped screwdriver that will fully seat into the flat spot on the jet. This can easily be accomplished by comparing your screwdriver to the spare jets. The screwdriver will also need to fit through the access port that is made when the spare jet holder plugs are removed. So it is entirely possible that you have to modify the tip width of the screwdriver to get it into the access port.

Really not that big of a deal.

I googled carb jet for ya....
01214 Leon Smale (AUS).jpg

Thanks again poiser. I jsu need to take off the tp plate on the carb, correct?

And yeah I googled "carb jet" but added fj40. missed that one.

Thanks again poiser. I jsu need to take off the tp plate on the carb, correct?

And yeah I googled "carb jet" but added fj40. missed that one.

Nope, front of the float bowl below and to either side of the sight glass are the 14mm heads. Remove them and gas will flow out so catch it with a rag. Look inside the head of the 14mm and there are the jets(spares) and then look through the hole and there is straight line access to the jets in use. I use a split blade screwdriver to remove and restart the jets when changing. The jets are brass, so a magnetic driver will not help much;) Oh, and use a regular flat blade to break loose and to tighten the jets. The split blade is designed to hold the jet, not to apply a lot of force. At least one split blade driver was ruined this way:doh:

thanks ed

Dan, I happen to have a set of dental drills for putting posts in root canal teeth. two of the sizes are pretty perfect for jets in an Aisan carb. One is 1.14mm and the other is 1.25. Currently, I run a '74 F carb on my 2F and drilled out one of my 1.14 jets and it seems to run just fine for 550' asl.
I will gladly send you a set of these as a new set comes with every post kit.

Ed

Got the split-blade from the SnapOn man, it is their "B" line called something like Blue Oyster Cult or Blue Point.

ha too cool. still have my addy?

I used a good flat blade screwdriver to loosen and tighten the jets, I used a round wooden toothpick to remove and install them, not having a split blade screwdriver. I didn't know there were alternate jets in the plugs, I bought new ones from Toyota. I haven't owned that truck for 30 years now, so I guess I'll never know if the spares were there or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom