Anyone have a FSM (Factory Service Manual)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys.
After much reading of the archives this is my first post... I really like the functionality of the YABBC forum :)

Anyway, I was hoping that someone who has a FSM (Factory Service Manual) for an 80series would like to help me out by scanning/photographing the pin-out diagram for the power antenna switch please?

Should someone like to make all my Christmases come at once, I would also be interested in seeing the info on the power antenna control box and wiring schematic. :D

Any help would definately be appreciated. :cheers:
Thanks,
David.

David,
Hello and welcome to non-lurking status.

You'll need someone with the EWD not the FSM. It probably needs to be the same year as yours (also LC vs LX) and you didn't say what you drive in your post, the subject line, or your sig.

I have the EWD for a '97 LC but not a scanner so pics of pages are the best that I can do. As you can see from the "Tail Light Relay" thread, the pics leave a little to be desired.

-B-

Gumby,

" Alldata online Pro. "
How does someone get that kinda info?

Kinda figured as much!! :'(

Greetings David -

And welcome. As Beo stated, you are looking for the EWD, not the FSM for electrical diagrams. You did not specify the year/details of the truck in question - which is always important if you want to get as accurate a response as possible.

Here's the diagram for a 97 FZJ80:

http://www.journalone.com/images/auto_ant_circuit_ewd_8.gif

Season's Greetings !

Ron -

ANyone have a link to get these manuals online ?

THank you,

Matt

Matt - Joe -

Shoot a message over to CruiserDan. He can get any manual you want (well, almost...).

R -

PS: There appears to be an echo in here :D At least all the voices have the right answer ;)

David,
Gumby's diagram is for the primitive antennas prior to the much superior 1997 model year. :D
-B-

I can pdf file over e mail for moast lexus ewds
unless someone knows how to convert the file to alow forum to accept it

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=8965;start=msg78062#msg78062 date=1071878892]
David,
Gumby's diagram is for the primitive antennas prior to the much superior 1997 model year. :D
-B-
[/quote]

I just ran the best year, 95, being that he didn't give me a year to look up. :D
I once knew a guy who would get all upset when folks didn't give needed info when they asked a question. he musta mellowed in his old age. ;)

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys!
I actually don't own a Landcruiser, but my username might offer some hint as to my choice of model (hey, it's still a Toyota) :-[

Here's a photo of the power antenna switch I will be trying to wire up (pic courtesy Sargent D).
http://161.58.228.32/hilux_1990/pwr_ant_switch.jpg
There are 6 pins on the connector.
The part # 84760-60030 is listed for the following models:
Lexus LX 450 1996-1997 Switch, Antenna 97
Lexus LX 450 1996-1997 Switch, Antenna 96
Toyota Land Cruiser 1991-1997 Switch, Antenna

Beowulf: I had a look at the Tail Light thread and I think your photos came out great... in color too. :D

Gumby: Thanks for the diagram. I'm trying to read the pin numbers on the switch - is that a 1 or 4 where the GR colored wire connects at the top?

Paradise: Thank you for your diagram as well. It looks like the switch from the 97 model year is different to the one in the diagram that Gumby posted?

I'm a bit confused myself now... (I guess it doesn't help that I don't have a 'Cruiser to look at) :-\
It looks like the power antenna is controlled manually on the "primitive" 1995 model, whereas the "superior" 1997 model makes use of a whiz-bang control box.
I had thought that the antenna was controlled by turning the radio on/off, and the switch allowed manual adjustment of the antenna's height? ???

Would anyone have access to a diagram showing a pin-out of the switch please? then I can work out which one I'm looking at.

Thanks again for all the help. It's all getting quite involved for a relatively simple switch :D
:cheers: David.

David,
Unlike your hilux there isn't much of anything on the 80's or 100's that is simple.

>> It looks like the power antenna is controlled manually on the "primitive" 1995 model, <<
>> whereas the "superior" 1997 model makes use of a whiz-bang control box. <<

I like you... you catch on quick. :D

>> I once knew a guy who would get all upset ... <<

Gumby, if you'll reread my first post in this thread you'll see that I slammed him pretty hard for not giving us his year model. The Lithium tabs work better when you take 2 at a time.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom