Anyone getting this bug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
gotta be in your comp.....guessing you've picked up something on your system

can't see anything in that URL that matches any of the adserver software on the 'MUD system....

what browser/OS??

AdAware and SpyBot are two great programs....and free. Load/run them both and see if that cures it.

Been happening to me since the weekend too.

It sucks!!! After several successful clicks to navigate Mud, it ineviatbly goes to a "This page cannot be displayed" error and I have to close and start over. Really, really annoying and cumbersome.

I have and run AdAware and Spybot as well as Microsoft Antispyware daily.

I am not having any other problems with other web sites or apps on my PC.

It's driving my nuts!!! Any thoughts Woody?

Here's the address in that appears when the error page comes up:

http:///pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-13...w=800&u_cd=16&u_tz=-300&u_his=214&u_java=true

Thanks in advance!!!

aaahhhh....google adwords....hhhhmmmm

Let me look more into it....

I re-loaded the Google information..."with luck" that cures the issue....

Thanks Brian. I appreciate the help.

Just did it to me again, but I'll give it some time...

gotta be a javascript setting in IE somewheres that's causing it.... I haven't had an issue with FF

Hmmm. Weird thing is, it's never done it before and just started this week.

It has almost rendered Mud unusable for me.

Other than going to FF, any ideas on fixing the javascript setting in IE?

I gave up on IE quite a while back....

and, having just tried the site with IE I don't get the error.....if I can't duplicate it, I can't cure it.......

strange....

next question...does the error occur on:

1> the main forum index page
2> the listing of threads
3> when reading the thread (like now)

woody said:
I gave up on IE quite a while back....

and, having just tried the site with IE I don't get the error.....if I can't duplicate it, I can't cure it.......

strange....

The error doesn't happen with every click. More like every 7-10 clicks...

Really random.

woody said:
next question...does the error occur on:

1> the main forum index page
2> the listing of threads
3> when reading the thread (like now)

1. yes
2. yes
3. Kind of - it happens as it loads a page, be it the main forum page, thread listing page, clicking on / reading a specific thread and even when posting. When I hit submit reply in a second, it may go to the "This page cannot be displayed" error, and may not. Though I have noticed that even if it does, my response will register and be there when I log back in.

Basically, it can happen any time a click by the mouse is made and information is exchanged from PC to server or vice versa...

great....

gotta be something in the new 3.5.3 version of vBulletin that's conflicting with the Google Adsense code....I'll research....

not a problem in Firefox ;)

Thanks Brian, for the quick response and continued effort to resolve. No worries here. If anything, some office time productivity will go up in the short term. :D

You've heard it before but I'll say it again, kudos to an excellent website and thanks for making available such a priceless resource for cruiser enthusiasts everywhere!!

cruiser4life said:
If anything, some office time productivity will go up in the short term. :D

unacceptable!! :flipoff2:

YESSSS!! I am not alone.

NOOOOOO! This sucks.

It does it sometimes right after you reply, it sikes you out makes you think that it didn't post your message then you check and it did.

Still doing it to me. I had FF for a while and thought it kind of sucked, Netscape was pretty sweet though, might go back to that.

I've found that if I time it just right with the stop button I can stop it before it has the chance to click ahead.

Yup it's wierd, only on MUD. Thanks Brian.

oddly, you two can't be the only ones running IE tho....it has to be some setting in there that's allowing it, or too tight of security, or something unchecked in advanced controls....

I'll run IE from work today and see if I can get it to happen....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom