Anyone getting this bug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm trying to get it to happen...

IE 6.0
no toolbars installed
medium security level for Internet zones

hhhmmmm

Any luck getting it to happen??

It really doesn't make sense in that it's NEVER happened and then starting Monday, it starts happening out of the blue...

The weirder thing is, I spent some time on Mud last night and for the few hours I tooled around, it didn't happen once. Thought maybe it had been corrected.

Nope, back this morning with the highest regularity yet...

On my end (exactly like you):

IE 6.0
no toolbars installed
medium security level for internet zones

Think it would help if I changed Java permissions from high safety to low safety? Just don't know why all of the sudden I'd have to make changes on my machine...

Hmmmmm...

I have no clue either....I used IE all morning (drove me nuts) but nothing happened...

OK, thanks. Sent you a PM.

Well Woody, I've dealt with this "Page cannot be displayed" crud enough this week that it still really random but definitely has something to do with the banners loading at the top. If I hit the stop button before the banners load, it never happens it seems.

Dumb question since it's part of the commerce that makes this site tick, but can I disable the banner displays at the top??

based on the link, it's not the top banner but the google banner in the middle...

there may be a plugin for IE that disables it...

I used IE for a few days, never once had a problem (tho, FF and my Yahoo Mail are acting weird now....lol)

you have PM.... (or will shortly)

Didn't want to jump the gun and answer too soon but after some use last night and today, the problem hasn't appeared once!!!

Banner on the left is still there, I assume the google (vendor) ads were on the right?

Man, this is a much, much, much nicer way to peruse the forum!!

What do you think was the problem with the google ads and IE and why is it only an issue on Mud??

gotta be some javascript setting within Goggle that your IE settings didn't like...

The Google banner appears directly above the QuickReply box, and other lower-page locations. Log out and you'll see it (appears for guests)

The upper right banner should still appear, it's not controlled by Google.

glad it's cured :D

OK, thanks Woody. The upper right banner didn't show up last night and this morning but is back now. I did log out and scrolled down and saw the google banner.

It is not present when I log back on and still no problems.

This is awesome. Muchas gracias mi amigo!!!

Ha, LOL! :D

Definitely fixed here. SO nice not having to re-load the page and fight with the stop button every 4 or 5 clicks of the mouse.

Again, muchas gracias!!

If there is a multi-year silver star, let me know. I can't even remember when I made the purchase!

cruiser4life said:
If there is a multi-year silver star, let me know. I can't even remember when I made the purchase!

User CP, Paid Subs....expiry date will be there.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom