Anyone bother putting sound deadener in the Tundra? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 16 Tundra is kinda noisy. Cross winds at speed across the roof panel and rain are horrible inside. Even sitting still the rain noise inside is borderline retarded. Anyone bother with trying to quiet the inside with matting? I have probably 70 sq or 50mil Kilmat in the garage to use up but if it's a waste of time I'll use it on something else.

We used it in the rear bulkhead in the Tiny House Tundra and it made a big difference. Albeit we had removed the rear seat to make room for the dogs and it was noticeably louder without it.

20210517_144407.jpg

20210707_165419.jpg

We used it in the rear bulkhead in the Tiny House Tundra and it made a big difference. Albeit we had removed the rear seat to make room for the dogs and it was noticeably louder
I was thinking of doing the rear wall like you did, the floor under the rear window and the roof. I've heard the rear panel and rear floor makes a difference in road noise even with the seat still in place. I'm considering pulling my seat out entirely, no one ever sits back there but the dog. Typically I only use the under seat storage for my trail spares for my buggy and sleep back there sometimes.

Never noticed that in my 15. Maybe you need a 200!
It's much louder than most trucks I've been in including my last Ram, thought it was just me till my girl commented on it one day, Then I asked a friend who has a 2020 and he agreed and said he thought it was just him, his women was nodding her head as well.

What sounds are you hearing? Creaking bed ? I throw rocks with my new tires from my gravel driveway. Even the rocks smacking the wheel well are kind of a dull thud.

is that stuff cut and stick on ? Adhesive backed?

What sounds are you hearing? Creaking bed ? I throw rocks with my new tires from my gravel driveway. Even the rocks smacking the wheel well are kind of a dull thud.

is that stuff cut and stick on ? Adhesive backed?
Mostly wind and rain noise when driving or sleeping in there but if I'm doing the roof I'm gonna do the rear wall and floor under the package tray since most of that trim needs to be removed to pull the headliner. Kilmat is just another brand like Dynamat, the product I have is adhesive sheets of butyl rubber with a thin metal foil on the outside. I did the inside of my hood, side panels and roof panel on my 40buggy and it made a HUGE difference not just with killing rattles/harmonics in panels but in any audio or conversation inside it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom