Anyone bored on Saturday??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
I will be replacing the starter in my LX470 on Saturday unless something comes up that prevents me like weather since will be doing in driveway. If anyone is bored or thinks they may be doing theirs sooner rather than later and want to watch or help a little....just PM me and will give you a time. Would like to start in morning but if freezing ass cold it will be slipped to around 11am...from all indications is a 3-4 hour job max for those that inexperienced in doing this before but have mechanical capabilities of at least 2 bananas. LOL

Calling for high of 52 Saturday so likely looking at starting around lunch or slightly before. If I lower air pressure in tires can pull in garage to clear rack mounts for canoe I think.

Thanks for any help...yes I have beer. :)

If anyone has a magnetic 14mm deep socket.......and/or a telescoping magnet retriever it would be appreciated...if not will visit Northern Tool this week. :)

Provided my boss hasn't already made plans for me this weekend, I'm down!

Saturdays are the only day I can quail hunt in the Francis Marion, so I'll be tied up through the end of Feb, although I will make the 1/24 meeting. If you do anything on a Sunday after 12:00, I can be there.

kids are into BB for the fall, ive got to check their schedues to see if I have a 'window of opportunity'... doubtful for me until MLK weekend.

Last edited:
No worries....I am used to doing things alone actually just offering up the opportunity for one or two of you to be around me a bit and relish in my splendor and acute sense of the world around me...you will be better person because of it. LOL

If anyone gets free...and is bored and even if it is to just hand tools or read the instructions while I do stuff....welcome to stop by....park in the empty lot next to the house if you do. Thanks.

Saturdays are the only day I can quail hunt in the Francis Marion, so I'll be tied up through the end of Feb, although I will make the 1/24 meeting. If you do anything on a Sunday after 12:00, I can be there.
cant wait until i am able to get another dog for hunting....and can check out the quail opportunities there as well as hopefully my own little place. :) Good luck....

removed my canoe rack mounts so will be able to pull into garage if needed Saturday.... Kind of glad it needs replacing as I have not had to do much of anything to this UZJ100 since I bought her other than brakes and bearings....except for trail damage to exhaust and driveshaft...has been mostly trouble free. I was always working on the FJ60 trying to keep it pristine...so will be good to get under the hood and try my hand. LOL

See you guys at the Meet and Greet on 24 Jan...

Last edited:
Yes, the starter was replaced with a new one...and is working fine. There was some collateral damage as two brittle plugs broke. I think they are for the water temp sensor sending unit that allows gauge on dash to represent water temp...and think other is for electric fan but not confirmed that one yet. So going to take the core back to Glenn Monday and try to pick up the two sensors and see if I can replace them without buggering anything else up.

This job is definitely not TOO HARD but it is time consuming and not a one man job....even if I have installed bumpers, sliders, skid pates and winches alone. The fact of getting my big ass up in engine bay and then trying to re-install the intake manifold was very frustrating.

Luckily Bessinger swung by and together we were able to put in place what I had been trying for an hour and likely when I broke the sensors.

Definitely dont want to do that job again...but would be willing to help and supervise someone else so they can learn from my mistakes...as no matter how much I read on the 100 Series thread on doing this...there were some things that were not obvious to me. LOL

I will work from home Monday and take it to Glen and see if I can get the two sensors and make sure I did not bugger anything else up. LOL

Thanks Michael....much appreciated for your help.

Brock, I'm really sorry that I was unable to make it. The wife can attest that I was in bed all day sick as a dog... I still can't eat - which is saying something because I can always eat! I'm glad to know that you were able to get the starter installed and I look forward to hearing more about your sensors. Again, I'm sorry!

You are welcome. You pretty much had it done. I just help lend an extra pair of hands and eyes.

Quail hunting in Francis Marion? Spent a little time out there good luck quail the quail are few and far between.

toyota_tundra_arrancador_2_0.jpg

Part numbers for the two sensors shown in lower left (Green on top and gray underneath) are as follow:

Green- ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) sensor: goes to ECU so it can identify engine temp and provide proper fuel/air ratio...vehicle may not run with it broke or disconnected. Toyota number-89422 and is $68.33 from dealer. NAPA= $40.39 (MSRP was $63.18)

Gray- Water Sending Gauge: sends temp readings to gauge on dashboard for water coolant temp readings. Toyota number- 83420 and is $27.10 from dealer. NAPA= $24.67 (MSRP was $28.73)

Neither the local Lexus or Toyota dealers had them in stock. So went to NAPA and they were able to cross reference both and provide them at a savings with parts that were fully tested already. The ECT (Toyota green head) comes with a one-use washer as well to use.

My 2UZ-FE is a 4-00 build date, 2000 LX470.

Would have preferred Toyota parts but given nobody in area had them and I could not take another day off of work...I went with ones I know are usually good quality.

Also, the starter in my vehicle must have been replaced once before as the sticker said REMAN and I could not find any identifiable part numbers or maker logos. The one I installed is a DENSO...so should last a good long time. :)

Last edited:
What is that trash in the engine compartment. The NAPA parts are good. I have gotten Napa parts and inside the box was a oe part. NAPA parts also usually have a warranty that is better than the toyota parts

truck running OK?

yep....got a new plug to put one of the leads into as it crumbled in my fingers when I was replacing sensors... worked on car this weekend....cold air intake, msd wires, new ngk plugs, new valve springs, intake and exhaust seals, fix to prevent steering column from locking, and seals around tailights. LOL Did not do anything to LX....next weekend I need to take swing arms off and check bearings...repack with grease and button back up and take all my hunting stuff out and clean it good to get all the deer blood out. :)

I put new exhaust on Blue LC about two weeks ago before I went to Texas. Brought in 1,000 pounds feed, tore down a windmill, cut brush, and did some hunting back in Texas. So I wasn't bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom