anybody using nitto's tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need new tires for my 80. I am looking at NIttos all terrains 265 70
Is any body using them?

Are they any good?

does anybody has a picture of them in an 80?

I have Terra Grapplers in 295-75/16, my brother and a couple of others in our club have them in 315-75/16. Nothing but good to say about them!

315's on a stocker.

rob_before1.jpg

The blue one has 315's, the white one has 295's.

6-25-2005_9.jpg

I am looking at NIttos all terrains 265 70

Are you looking for small tires for a 4Runner? :D At least go with 285-75/16's?

Tools R Us said:
I have Terra Grapplers in 295-75/16, my brother and a couple of others in our club have them in 315-75/16. Nothing but good to say about them!

315's on a stocker.

rob_before1.jpg

The blue one has 315's, the white one has 295's.

6-25-2005_9.jpg
Kevin,
What lift if you don't mind me asking is on those two trucks? Looks pretty high.

Thanks
Steve

so 315 fit on a stocker Correct! do they rubb?

295 on a stocker fit too? do they rubb too?

Now this the family hauler and it gets used daily.

Now what's J's ? Is that a lift? Sorry I am not that familiar with lift for the 80's

how much of a lift does it gives? Who sells it?

I was thinking of getting them but from what I understand they only have a 2 ply sidewall.... That isn't the coolest if you ask me however I've had more then one say it was a good tire so I'm still considering it. Maybe we should try to go in on something together and get a better price if we can. I found some online at a very good price.

315's will rub, not recommended for a stocker, only drove it a couple of days before the lift. The rear bump stops need to be extended (lowered) about 2" or 1"+ wheel spacers to clear. 295's just barely rub at the top of the rear wheel well at full flex, on my truck not enough to rub the paint off. For a family hauler your best bet is 285-75/16, they will not rub and look great on a stocker.

295_rub.jpg

J lift = OME heavy lift just 1" taller.

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting them but from what I understand they only have a 2 ply sidewall.

True, how thick are the plies? How tightly woven is the cloth? Don't know if all "plies" are created equal? I have flogged these things all over Arizona for a year and have yet to hole one on a rock.

I'm running Nitto Terra Grapplers in 265/70/R17 in my BJ-73 and I'm loving those tires. They balance quite easily and are consistent in their sizing. The compound is not too soft so they don't seem to be wearing down as quickly as some of the Goodyear stuff out there. All in all I'm very pleased.

Domek said:
Are they any good?
I dont like Nittos i bet they using cheap rubber material.I used to have Nittos set
of (4) brand new 325/55/20s.On Aug/15/01 i drove the 450 all the way from CA to NYC 3000miles 3days 3night.Once i got to NYC i've decided to check all the tires but turned up to be all of them are cracked :mad:
Heres the webs: http://nittotire.com/
P.S= Nittos same as Toyo tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom