anybody up for a run in the next few weeks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello just wondering if anyone is up for doing a weekend trip to the falls or anywhere around that area.
I'm thinking about going next weekend, something easy and not too far away but planning on spending the night.

I do not remember how to get there but was thinking of camping there- If nobody is interested, I would do it solo, but don't remember how to get there, so if someone has the gps file that would be sweet.

I would be up for the weekend after as im in hinton this weekend. I'm also down for consuming chicken and beer tomorrow

Our big trip is up in smoke, literally... if things dont change we won't be going up to Quesnel. I am spending a week on the island from Aug 6th but would love to go on a run when back!

I'm not good until the first weekend of August, could partake on the 27th, but that first weekend of August looks alright.

Ive got time July 27th to Aug 1st, up for whatever provided I can get my rear diff together first.

Jeremy,

Do you know if any of the Crowsnest trails are still open to trucks? I thought that entire Castle area was closed off now?
That's an area I have always wanted to check out.

Our Mackenzie trip is cancelled due to fires so I am free to jump in on a run from July 29th-Aug 5th, as I am still planning to hit the island for the week after.

I have to go somewhere guys, I put a boatload of work into the cruiser to make this Mackenzie trip and really need to get the old girl off the driveway!

Those are old maps of Crowsnest, the latest we found have all trails closed to 4x4's but still open to quads...
https://www.albertaparks.ca/media/6494096/castle-summer-map-guide.pdf

I am pretty dead set on WABDR at this point. Will be going over a plan with Terry over the weekend and plan to leave later next week. Complete the trail going south, swing over to the coast and drive up that road, ferry over to the island when done.

WABDR looks like pretty good views Eric! Some of thos washouts look sketchy...

WABDR looks like pretty good views Eric! Some of thos washouts look sketchy...

Yeah I am pretty pumped. I originally found out about this run a few years back. Nothing super tech but just a gorgeous run through the mountains. Figured now was the time!
Looks like it will be a solo run though.

The washouts could pose a bit of an issue. I will have a shovel and a saw with me so I am hoping to do some trail maintenance while down there. Will try and ramp those washouts so we can pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom