anybody up for a run in the next few weeks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It would be nice to get out August long weekend. Ruby should be open, or other trails around there. I'm also considering going to Kelowna to do Whipsaw. Open to other options too.

OK Leo, cool. There is a Princeton fire (just contained) so Whipsaw should wait for another time.

I'm down to try Crowsnest- my preference since I'm taking the 77, would be something with not much pinstriping since the 80 is still not encapsulated in the rear.

but I'm not picky, let's have fun!

I wouldnt touch Whipsaw any time soon with the fire situation.
AND I want to do it again so you should wait :cool:

Currently sitting in a campground on the US side of the border. Finished WABDR today. Pretty awesome views!!!
2,600km in the last 5 days, at least amother 3,000 in the next week before getting home. Truck took the heat (37deg.C) like a champ!

Crowsnest is completely banned to 4x4's as of the latest map. I posted it in another thread, internet it spotty cant check it right now.

I am hoping to spend a few days touring around the ruby area to find some new stuff later in Aug.

I spent a ton of time building that roof rack for the Mackenzie. Didnt end up needing it for this trip...
Rear drawers were the best addition. The organization was massively helpful.
The lower drag link rod end needs to be redone with an EMF straight pin rod end. Other then that the new steering was aces.
12" Icons ride great and control the weight well. There was a perfectly offset whoop section that flexed the front and rear opposite 16" or so, truck stayed nice and flat. The front seems to move alot smoother and more balanced with the rear. Unfortunately I tore the top pin mount clean out of the shock body... Icon HQ apologized profusely, as that obviously shouldnt happen, and are sending a replacement to Nanaimo for me, should see it in a couple days. Awesome customer service from those guys!

All in all pretty impressed with the old girl. I can sit in those seats longer than my 2014 F150!!!

20170801_160332.jpg

Eric sounds great- I'm sorry to say though we require pictures of you using your truck. so post up how it looks man!

We got out Sat night to grave flats. Myself, Lara, Elijah and the beagle Casey(his first time wheeling, and he did great!). The area was packed for long weekend shenanigans. One group even had rave lights and an outdoor movie projector. I met my neighbor and his buddies out there. They were 4 friends wheeling a built Jeep Cherokee and a stockish TJ. They had done Ruby Falls run on Sat so we did Crystal Falls on Sunday. The weather was amazing! We hiked down to the falls of course, and I was surprised that there was no water flowing at the upper fall! On the trail the only incidents of note was stopping every 20min to spray the TJ's rad out. Must be a Jeep thing. My front wheel slipped off a large root on a bypass, leaving me high centered on a control arm. Sat night the others left and my kids and I moved to a quieter camp spot. Well, the river was louder though. And light show was spectacular, lightning and thunder at 2am! At least it didn't rain on us. In the midst of a busy summer it was great to take even this short trip out to unwind a bit. Hope to see you on the trails!

I'm trying to organize something for september long, this upcoming weekend. anyone interested?

Hi Leo,
I'm in I am away till Friday but coming back that evening and will get ready and am renting a trailer to tow up my 73. I will be either coming up late Saturday night wheeling Sunday or leaving Early Sunday morning wheeling Sunday and heading back Monday. Keep me in the loop, excited to get out, thanks

IBEX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom