Anybody put Heritage 2 row rear springs on an older 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a like new takeoff OEM suspension from a 2 row Heritage Edition, and I'm thinking about trying it on my 2013LC, along with the OEM front spacers. I know these springs have a different part number, and seem to be a little longer with a perhaps different spring rate. Has anyone tried them out and have any feedback? I don't have any added weight to the rear of my cruiser, and never use the third row.

I don't have a lot of information for you, but it would probably be helpful to other folks that may reply to indicate whether your 3rd row seats are installed or have been removed.

My fact free reaction is that if you remove your rear seats completely, then you are about the same weight and distribution as a Heritage, so it should be fine.

My third row is still installed, but I have toyed with the idea of removing them. My thought was even with the seats installed it wouldn't make much difference...that is, until you had people sitting in them! :)

You'll drop 100lbs if you remove the third row jump seats.

At least. They weigh a ton.

I added the new front struts and OE spacers from my 2 row HE to my Son’s 2011. I intended to change the rear springs as well, however when I removed the third row seats it gave me the stance I wanted and feared the HE rear springs would give it the stink bug I hated with my HE when it was stock.
EBE4E980-C4C4-4E85-A7F7-A61D16D46294.jpeg
6A9839DF-D000-410D-AE8A-237CCFE60BBC.jpeg
84274BA2-357E-4250-B8C2-8594FF57823D.jpeg
A7DEBA81-EE48-4739-B5E2-87B0A7209E6E.jpeg

What a clean Cruiser for your son.

I added the new front struts and OE spacers from my 2 row HE to my Son’s 2011. I intended to change the rear springs as well, however when I removed the third row seats it gave me the stance I wanted and feared the HE rear springs would give it the stink bug I hated with my HE when it was stock.
That looks great, I might end up doing the same!

There was a long thread somewhere about the HE coils that seemed to circle around the conclusion that the part numbers were different, but the difference was immeasurable.

There was a long thread somewhere about the HE coils that seemed to circle around the conclusion that the part numbers were different, but the difference was immeasurable.
I am not certain a difference was ever conclusive, just that they had different numbers. Maybe a difference in spring rate?

Did anyone ever research if the 21’ HE’s with the 3 row had the 20’ HE part number or the standard 3 row part number? That might give us confirmation that it was due to the lack of third row.

Has anyone compared this front kit to the OEM spacer?

I don’t know anything about them other than someone mentioning them when they saw my 200, but seems they could be a good match for a third row deleted HE rear spring install?

Even if they are the same, you'll likely get some benefit from replacing the 10 year old (and I'm assuming 100k+ Miles) springs with almost new HE springs. Springs do eventually start to sag with age and mileage.

Changing the springs can be done in an hour or two with very basic hand tools and a jack and jack stands, so if you have them on hand, there's no reason not to give it a shot.

Even if they are the same, you'll likely get some benefit from replacing the 10 year old (and I'm assuming 100k+ Miles) springs with almost new HE springs. Springs do eventually start to sag with age and mileage.
100%!

The Westcott designs lift is a preload spacer that involves removing and disassembling the front coil over, inserting the new spring perch, then reassembling. I don’t have experience, but this could be challenging for a garage mechanic without a coil compressor stand. But, it does enable more lift with the stock coil overs.

They Toyota spacer just sits on top of the coil over and doesn’t require taking the coil over apart. So the install is much more straight forward.

The Westcott designs lift is a preload spacer that involves removing and disassembling the front coil over, inserting the new spring perch, then reassembling. I don’t have experience, but this could be challenging for a garage mechanic without a coil compressor stand.

They Toyota spacer just sits on top of the coil over and doesn’t require taking the coil over apart. So the install is much more straight forward.
Definitely seems more involved and beyond my shop tools and possibly skill.

Maybe easier if someone already has the take out struts out and could get them to a shop to properly add the kit for a few $ and install the struts yourself at home. Tearing a truck apart and then retrieving more or working on your parts etc. is a real home project momentum killer!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom