Anybody mounted a LED lightbar between the stock roof rack rails? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this over in the 200 forum and thought this looked like a good option for my LX470.

Anybody done this with a 100?

20160620_211325-jpg.1279293

Discreet 40" LED Lightbar on Factory Roof Rack

Seems to be an impractical place to mount it. Those bars will not illuminate nearby terrain because it would be blocked by the roof. Seems like it is just for looks mounted there.

Seems to be an impractical place to mount it. Those bars will not illuminate nearby terrain because it would be blocked by the roof. Seems like it is just for looks mounted there.

If you click on the linked thread, the owner posts picks and his explanation of why he put it there. The pics look pretty good.

Yeah..

Will be great for reading maps inside the cabin since all the light will go inside thanks to the sunroof window..

shame It those look really nice..

It will shine light out far away and might reflect a bit back off the hood, not optimal.... esp being behind sunroof and that low. If it was mounted higher it might be worth messing with in that location. Better spot to mount in order to stay low profile looking is on top of bumper or in the bumper.

However....it would be perfect with snorkel :moon:

I thought about it when I put my light bar in the bumper earlier this year, but didn't think as far as Wild Yoats did. He has a long history on MUD of quality mods, and the resulting night shots are hard to argue with. who cares about the 15' in front of your rig? You can't see half of that from the driver's seat, and you have low beams and fogs to illuminate that anyway. Great bracket idea, too.

Wonder if his brackets fit a 100...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom